Search Unity

Bug: addressables scene loads without gameobjects if scene path contains a subfolder called "Assets"

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by JoeriCG, Dec 18, 2019.

1. JoeriCG

JoeriCG

Quite simple to reproduce. I made a project to reproduce it with a StartScene that additive loads a scene using the Addressables package. I structured a test project as such:

upload_2019-12-18_10-47-33.png
    AddressablesScene's address is simply its name.

Script in StartScene:
    upload_2019-12-18_10-56-41.png
    (loading in Single mode or with activateOnLoad enabled does not appear to make a difference)

What I found is that if you have the scene asset that is somewhere within a subfolder called "Assets", the AddressablesScene loads but does not spawn any gameobjects (it should contain 4 objects in this example):

upload_2019-12-18_10-50-20.png

Log does not show any errors. It can be simply 'fixed' by moving the AddressablesScene to any other folder.
    Reproduced with Addressables 1.2.4 and 1.5.0, on Unity 2018.4.8 and 2019.2.13. Also submitted this through the Unity bug report tool.

I know having a subfolder "Assets" is kinda dumb but we have an external project with lots of stuff in there, so it's not easy for us to simply rename it without giving the revision system a heart attack.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  2. OwenCHOW

OwenCHOW

• you can try the second loading mode!

3. JoeriCG

JoeriCG

Yes it only happens in the Fast Mode play mode script. However using Virtual Mode for our project isn't really viable since it takes 10 minutes for play mode to start...

I found a report for this bug that was made in September. I hope it gets fixed soon though...