Search Unity

Bug BUG: A meta data file (.meta) exists but its asset 'Assets/StreamingAssets/aa' can't be found

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Peter77, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Building a Windows Standalone Player with Unity 2019.3.7f1 and Addressables 1.7.5, causes the Addressables System to output the following warning always:
    The entire related log is:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Copying Addressables data from Library/com.unity.addressables/StreamingAssetsCopy/aa/Windows to C:/Users/crash/Documents/TestProject/Assets/StreamingAssets/aa/Windows.  These copies will be deleted at the end of the build.
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    3. AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor:OnPreprocessBuild(BuildReport) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.7.5/Editor/Build/AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor.cs:37)
    4. UnityEditor.BuildPipeline:BuildPlayer(BuildPlayerOptions)
    7. Deleting Addressables data from C:/Users/crash/Documents/TestProject/Assets/StreamingAssets\aa.
    8. UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    9. AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor:CleanTemporaryPlayerBuildData() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.7.5/Editor/Build/AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor.cs:26)
    10. AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor:OnPostprocessBuild(BuildReport) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.7.5/Editor/Build/AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor.cs:17)
    11. UnityEditor.BuildPipeline:BuildPlayer(BuildPlayerOptions)
    14. A meta data file (.meta) exists but its asset 'Assets/StreamingAssets/aa' can't be found. When moving or deleting files outside of Unity, please ensure that the corresponding .meta file is moved or deleted along with it.
    Looking at the
    AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor.CleanTemporaryPlayerBuildData
    code shows this line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Directory.Delete(addressablesStreamingAssets, true);
    ... which deletes the directory, but not the .meta file of that directory.

Reproduce
    • Build Windows Standalone Player
    • Unfocus / Focus Unity editor

1) Please fix that you also delete the .meta afterwards to avoid getting the warning with every build.

2) Is there a way to turn off the "Copying Addressables data" message? I understand that's important to output warnings and errors, but this log isn't particular useful to me.

PS: No idea why Unity generates .meta files for files inside the StreamingAssets directory, this could be another bug. But it's been like this always.

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Peter77 likes this.
  3. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I updated Addressables to 1.10.0, the issue described above still persists.

4. Ofx360

Ofx360

I'm being annoyed by this issue as well, but i don't need to build anything. StreamingAssets was auto added to my directory (not sure why/when) and Addressables has been complains about it every time refresh my code:

upload_2020-6-26_11-0-27.png

I've deleted the folder and the errors have stopped. And the folder doesn't seem to come back.

Edit: Nevermind, the folder and error messages came back on build

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  5. ProtoTerminator

ProtoTerminator

That's because they copy
    aa
    to streaming assets in the pre-build process, then delete it in the post-build process. Unity itself can generate the meta file within that process that Addressables is not accounting for.

6. Lex4art

Lex4art

Bug still there in Unity 2020.2a19 + Adressables 1.13.1 :(

7. Reshima

Reshima

I have no idea what `StreamingAssets/aa` is so it's quite annoying to have it created in my project files and also getting the warning in my console all the time. Any solution to this?

8. c0nd3v

c0nd3v

Fix it already!!!!

9. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey all, StreamingAssets/aa is where we copy the AssetBundles from the ScriptableBuildPipeline build into StreamingAssets for local bundles when doing a player build. Since there's no need to constantly have that in your Assets folder we clean it up after the player build.

I'll add a ticket for us to be sure to cleanup the meta file but in the meantime if you want to add this snippet to
    Code (CSharp):
    1. AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor.CleanTemporaryPlayerBuildData
    it should clean that up for you.

Code (CSharp):
    1. string metaPath = "Assets/StreamingAssets/aa.meta";
    2. if(File.Exists(metaPath))
    3.   File.Delete(metaPath);

RigidBodyTech and Plaximo like this.
  10. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I can no longer reproduce the issue with Addressable 1.16.15. I assume it has been fixed. Thank you!

TreyK-47 likes this.
  11. a_loupas

a_loupas

Hi.

I am facing a similar problem (or maybe not).

error: Callback provided streaming assets file conflicts with file already present in project. Project file 'StreamingAssets/aa/catalog.json'. Callback provided file 'Library/com.unity.addressables/aa/WebGL/catalog.json'.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

upload_2022-1-12_14-32-33.png

12. co43687

co43687

i solved it. it happens when using addressable updated from 2020ver to 2021ver. you need to delete the filename: StreamingAssets in Asset folder.