Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug: 1098049, Lightweight RP for VR (Preview), Oculus Rift HMD display is upside down

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by fortgreeneVR, Nov 5, 2018.

1. fortgreeneVR

fortgreeneVR

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the Lightweight RP for VR template project and found that the Oculus Rift HMD shows the scene upside down.

The Main Camera, Left Hand and Right Hand Game Objects that come with the template all miss a script that I think is the Tracked Pose Driver script from the Xr Legacy Input Helpers 1.0.0 package.
    Should that package be included in 2019.1 or is it deprecated?

Thanks.

2. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

I asked the XR team to assist you with the inverted scene problem.
    As for the TPD, we are removing the extensions from Unity in 2019.1 and replacing them with packages. Did you try installing the com.unity.xr.legacyinputhelpers package?

3. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

The issue with the upside-down Oculus is fixed in 2019.1.0a8. Coming soon!

4. fortgreeneVR

fortgreeneVR

Thanks for the fix!

I didn't try to install the com.unity.xr.legacyinputhelpers package as I couldn't find it in the package manager window in 2019.1.0a7. I did try a simple 'cp -r' into the new project from the previous, but I'm not familiar with Unity enough to figure out how to tell Unity the scripts are there so the 'Add Component' menu didn't list them.
    Let me know how to proceed on that score.
    Thanks.

5. fortgreeneVR

fortgreeneVR

2019.1.0a8 also has the com.unity.xr.legacyinputhelpers available, so that issue is fixed as well.
    Thanks.

LeonhardP and charlesb_rm like this.