Search Unity

Feedback Buckets with conditions

Discussion in 'Leaderboards' started by damelin, Apr 21, 2023.

1. damelin

damelin

Hello,

I'm excited about this new leaderboard services. I have been using another service but "buckets" for smaller groups aren't supported, and it seems to be a rare feature among your competitors.

I find buckets very important to increase engagement toward leaderboards and competition since having just one leaderboard for all your players don't feel fair for the new players.

But that feeling of unfairness can still happen within a same (smaller) bucket if players are matched randomly. Would be nice we could add a "segmentation" value upon sending a score. Maybe something like a % value and then the bucket logic tries to find a group that is close to the player's %?

2. AshleyM_Unity

AshleyM_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, we love hearing that you are excited about the newly available Leaderboards and finding value in them! We actually do support tiering as a feature of Leaderboards, though it could definitely be better documented (which is something that we are working on and will be improving between now and GA later this year). You can manually set up the tiers in the dashboard (screenshot of this included) and do things like get scores by tier. Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

3. damelin

damelin

Thanks, but I don't think it's what I'm looking for.

I'd like to group similar players (similar strength) in a bucket of 30 players. Theses players will complete between themselves and the top 3 get rewards.

If I understand correctly, the tiers will create "sub-group"? If in my 30 bucket players, one is super good/strong and reach high tier while the others stay in the default tier, that player will end up being alone in the leaderboard-tier? Not fun for that player and it breaks the top3 rewards system.

On the other end, if a "segmentation value" is assigned to players, or send along the first "Add score", and used to assign a proper bucket to the player, we ensure similar players will play together.

Is this tier design inspired from a live game using similar system? I'd be curious to try it.

RaventurnStefan likes this.