Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug Bucket 'latest release' badge goes stale?

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by mrtckane, Jan 31, 2024.

1. mrtckane

mrtckane

Hello,

I have been trying to set up automated content delivery for a game I am working on.

I have a bucket set up and linked to my project and everything works as intended, to a certain extent.

During development I noticed that old data was being downloaded, so I changed the URL to point to the 'latest release' badge, so that it would always deliver fresh content (i.e. the most recently uploaded versions of the files)

This worked fantastic for two days, then, at some point today (around 1pm ish?), suddenly 404.

I checked over the code - which has not been edited in two days - and confirmed that it was correct.

Then, I got the worry that maybe the 'latest release' url is subject to some kind of expiry.

I re-uploaded all of the files and it started working again - my fears are confirmed.

Can anyone tell me if there is any way to make this thing "just work"?

I need users to be able to receive the most recent versions of files, but ideally I don't want to have to nurse the bucket every 2 days, re-uploading the exact same content just to prevent the 'latest release' badge URL from going stale.

I have looked around for a setting to control this, however, I am bereft.

Suggestions welcome,
    Thanks,
    Thomas.

2. mrtckane

mrtckane

Still trying to figure this one out

Did a release on Wednesday and it all sprang back into life, but I've returned today (Monday) to a 404 again:

Using this url:

https://["ProjectID"].client-api.unity3dusercontent.com/client_api/v1/environments/production/buckets/["BucketID"]/release_by_badge/latest/entries/

As previously stated, this works great for circa 48 hours then goes on a business trip to Hawaii.

This is the URL that I got from the Swagger interface.

3. TL_PP

TL_PP

Unity Technologies

Hello Thomas,
    Just to confirm my understanding, you wanted to keep users fetching the entries from the latest version, and I've noticed there's a small issue with the url you are using. Currently we have `GetReleaseEntriesByBadgeEnv` endpoint (link: https://services.docs.unity.com/con...eleases/operation/GetReleaseEntriesByBadgeEnv) in the Management API that allows you to get the entries of bucket with a certain badge, but don't have it in the Client API. So you may want to fix the url first and see if it helps fix the issue.

Thanks,
    Tianyi

4. mrtckane

mrtckane

Hi thanks for responding, I wasn't sure if we were supposed to be using the management API for projects to go into production but I just tried the new URL there and it throws a 401 (not authorised) anyway.

5. TL_PP

TL_PP

Unity Technologies