Search Unity

Resolved Bucket dashboard's download counts not correct

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by darashayda, Sep 25, 2021.

1. darashayda

darashayda

See attached, the numbers work for some time and then they get stuck.

Possibly there is a delay, possibly a bug?

These numbers are vital for us to make the particular game cost effective and profitable + charge some players who need much larger assets and number of downloads.

Consider this a rather critical bug.

Dara

Attached Files:

2. darashayda

darashayda

after an hour the numbers were increased but I am afraid they are too small.

3. darashayda

darashayda

I tested more times with Android as well, it seems huge lags of time for the results to upgrade!

Say the used the bucket 5 times in a couple of minutes. We count of 3 and then hour or more later we get final count of 5!

D

4. DevikaSathaye

DevikaSathaye

Unity Technologies

Hi!
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are investigating this on our side. Meanwhile, I just wanted to discuss a few things with you-
    1. These statistics are not intended to be real-time and can have a delay up to several hours in some cases. Usually, it is within an hour on the order of 10-20 mins. We are working on indicating it on the Dashboard.
    2. Can you please tell what numbers you were expecting under Downloads(24 hrs, 7 days, 30 days) and at what time(including the time zone)? This will help me check if those numbers match with what we have on our side.
    Also, it would be great if you could share an example of a download request that you are making which you expect to get counted in the statistics.

5. darashayda

darashayda

Thank you for your reply. I will do more tests tonight and rest of this week, and publish the results here for you to review.

Dara

DevikaSathaye likes this.
  6. darashayda

darashayda

ran once: count=5 2:45 am Wed Sept 29 Dublin GMT+1

ran once: count=5 3:10 am Wed Sept 29 Dublin GMT+1

No runs: count=7 3:15 am Wed Sept 29 Dublin GMT+1

1. The count is correct

2. Seemingly the total count occurs some 20 mins later

If this is within the expected range of delays, then we are ok with it, and please delete this post to avoid causing any confusion or tarnish CCD's image.

Dara

7. DevikaSathaye

DevikaSathaye

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    Thanks for getting back on this.
    Yes, that delay is within the expected range and we are working on indicating it on the Dashboard so the users know what to expect.
    Thanks!

8. darashayda

darashayda

Could you kindly delete this post or make it invisible to the public.

I do not like to spread false information.

I acknowledge there is no bug, and I have no idea how to change the tags for my posts!

Dara

9. DevikaSathaye

DevikaSathaye

Unity Technologies

Hi! I have marked the post as Resolved.
    We would like to keep the post and not delete it as other users might find it useful.
    Thanks!

10. darashayda

darashayda

I just any future reader to understand that counters for CCD buckets is working correctly on 20 mins or so cycle of upgrading.

My original concern is now completely gone.

The integrity of the CCD bucket count is sound.

Dara

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021