Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bryce 5.5 Free!

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by Miserable Coot, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Miserable Coot

Miserable Coot

They are giving away Bryce 5.5 for free. Goto http://www.daz3d.com to check it out for yourself. What's better is that you can upgrade to 6.1 for only $19.95. What gets even better is that you get a code once you install 5.5 and enter the serial number for a 30% discount. That means you can effectively get Bryce 6.1 for about $16. The offer ends 30 june though.

If you have trouble getting the download from Bryce, you can get it from CNet downloads at http://www.download.com/Bryce/3000-2187_4-10696719.html?tag=lst-0-1.

Yes, this is for the intel Mac. Now I just gotta figure out if it works with Unity :)

Hopefully my first post is a worthwhile one!

Coot

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Well, it's been pointed out before, but you provided more info so don't be discouraged. :) Now that you've got one post, let's see some more!

--Eric

3. Miserable Coot

Miserable Coot

Gah! In the support section... I just figured external tools, ya know... took a look around, no Bryce, thought I had something :) Guess I just gotta hunt something else down :)

Coot

4. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Quit being sensible you miserable coot! :D

Welcome to the forums! 8)

5. AGhost

AGhost

Just wondering, but what is the purpose of Bryce? I can't really seem to find any way to model, and the only thing it seems to do is make islands, water, trees and rocks. There also does not seem to be an export option...

Confused,
    AGhost

6. drJones

drJones

one word: skyboxes ; )

7. Miserable Coot

Miserable Coot

Heh.. Thanks for the welcome :)

Decent terrain and as pointed out.. skyboxes.

Now I've only ever used quark for levels and mapping.. you guys do EVERYTHING using a modelling program (Cheetah, etc..) or is there some nifty Mac program I've overlooked for maps?

What about Constructor from Garage Games? Haven't checked to see if it'll export into a Unity readable format.

Coot