Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Brush Presets

Discussion in 'World Building' started by MaxRoetzler, Jul 22, 2021.

1. MaxRoetzler

MaxRoetzler

Is there any way to create presets for terrain brushes? With the new brushes from the terrain toolkit, some setups can become quite complex (mask + adjustments, filters + settings, brush + settings) and there is no way to save or share a 'good' brush setup.

Is there a way (api, reflection) to save those settings into an asset?

2. Rowlan

Rowlan

No

Ruchir likes this.
  3. MaxRoetzler

MaxRoetzler

Disappointing as usual ... but thanks for the reply, nice work on the path brush btw.

4. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thanks :) If you need loading and saving, you can always grab the source and add it yourself. The code isn't that much and loading and saving is already in the Terrain Tools. But I guess that's rather because Unity resets the brush settings in the Terrain Tools every time you enter and exit play mode.

I'll have to add loading and saving to my mixer. I actually did it the same way Unity did, just waiting for the Terrain Tools to be out of preview for the final logic. No idea what they'll add and I don't want to waste time on something they might add as well. Either way, it's necessary. And I don't think the terrain tools in the inspector is appropriate anymore. I rather think terrain sculpting needs a dedicated layout / panel / window.