Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Broken transform handles?

Discussion in '2022.1 Beta' started by boolean01, Nov 8, 2021.

1. boolean01

boolean01

Anyone else getting this in the editor when selecting an element?

Capture1.PNG
    Clicking the white image in a canvas.

I was getting the same issue in 2021.2.1f1. I can't move anything because the transform doesn't have any handles, plus it's nowhere near the object I'm actually selecting. When you move the position manually in the inspector panel (by dragging the PosX value) the handles appear in the correct spot and a transparent outline of that misplaced box appears above. If I try to click it, it returns to the above view.

Unless this is some crazy new workflow I'm not aware of.

WinterboltGames likes this.
  2. So far only when the game object has either light or camera components. I reported as bug (#1378789).

screenshot.png

3. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Very likely the same as #1374532 and should be fixed in alpha 15

4. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

Just in case: I have a similar problem without lights or cameras, just with gizmos drawing in my own editor tools. Is that the same problem or should I transmit a bug report?

5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

It might be but it's hard to tell without looking at the project. We're aiming to release a15 next week so you could wait until it's out and then check whether it resolves your issue.