Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Broken Single-Pass Stereo on Oculus Quest

Discussion in 'VR' started by Azirell, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Azirell

Azirell

Empty project.
    Unity 2019.2.9, Oculus Integration 1.41, Oculus Quest update v.10.
    Project Settings -> Player -> XR -> Single Pass
    Empty scene with OVRCameraRig only.
    Image is completely broken. Video attached. I am able to capture only left eye. Right one behaves a little bit different, blue image itself moves in orbit with left image. Kinda hard to describe its moving on words. If I manage to capture right eye I'll update this post.
    link to video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m7cesllbxMIgNOmp_Q2nYFu56yIR8brJ

dienat and ROBYER1 like this.
  2. bricefr

bricefr

Yep, I don't know what is it, but VR support on the last versions of Unity is really bad. Strange colors problem on the Vive (inverted red & blue) + only one eye on the Quest in multi-pass rendering. Loosing a lot of precious working hours... :(

ROBYER1 likes this.
  3. tmtmshohei

tmtmshohei

In 2019.2.11 and OculusGo , the same problem happened using "single pass".
    However when I use "multiview" , the image correctly rendered.

4. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

You aren't alone, notice the warped eye on the right

everythingisnotinfe.PNG

5. YuriyPopov

YuriyPopov

I now ran into this issue. Is it only on 2019.3 or what? It seems I cant get a correct render going with post fx on the Quest no matter what I do.

6. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

7. YuriyPopov

YuriyPopov

No, Post effects like bloom etc work for me. The problem is that when using MultiView the right eye is warped and that causes a sort of double vision effect. When I use Multi Pass rendering only the left eye renders. This is what I meant.

8. Stigis

Stigis

9. CWatsonT2

CWatsonT2

10. Windansea

Windansea

I'm using 2019.2.11 and Single pass is switching back to multi pass both in the editor and builds.

When I run the editor I get the message:

"Created eye textures with a "separate" layout. The "multi-pass" stereo mode will be used."

and I can see in frame debugger that everything is being drawn in forward render loop twice so it's definitely using multi pass even with single pass selected.

I was wondering why my Oculus Go app performance dropped from 60 fps+ to 40 fps+ after switching to 2019.2 using the built-in renderer....

even if I make an empty scene I still get that message and single pass won't work.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  11. BrettNexefy

BrettNexefy

I've been successfully building quest .apks from 2019.3.0f3 past few weeks.

When I was getting only Left Eye rendering it was because I had installed:
    - XR Management
    - Oculus XR Plugin (Which I think actually installs XR Management every time anyway)
    upload_2020-1-6_10-28-27.png
    And ensuring Project settings > Player >XR Settings: Virtual Reality Supported is ticked.
    It tells you to use XR Plugin System... but I have had no success... Its presently a TRAP! Avoid!
    upload_2020-1-6_10-34-29.png

Uninstalling those two culprits and using Legacy + ensuring Quest is selected in your OVR Camera Rig
    upload_2020-1-6_10-29-20.png
    here:
    upload_2020-1-6_10-29-59.png

Hope that helps!

Edit: Post Processing is also working just fine for me - Ensure in 2019.3 that your CentreEyeAnchor Camera has PostProcessing Ticked - its no longer Post Processing Layer component - Then ensure you have a GlobalVolume added with a profile assigned!

DanjelRicci likes this.
  12. jamie_xr

jamie_xr

Is there any further progress on this?
    I'm having similar issues. Whenever I build to the quest with post processing or camera stacking with overlay cameras, my right eye is warped. The post appears to be applied though.

My configuration:
    Unity 2019.3.1f1
    URP: 7.2.1.
    Stereo Rendering mode: MultiView
    GraphicsAPI: Vulkan.
    Oculus XR Plugin: 1.2.0 (Via XR Plugin Manager, not the legacy one or direct from oculus)