Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Broken scene view in new project with HDRP in 2018.3.0b3

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by Lelefant, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Lelefant

Lelefant

Case: 1087058

Issue:
    When creating a new project using the HDRP Template in Unity 2018.3.0b3, the objects in the scene view are mostly overlayed by black pixels. The ground is black aswell. After doubleclicking the scene in the assets tab, the whole scene becomes completely black.

Reproduce:
    Create a new project using the HDRP Template in Unity 2018.3.0b3. No additional packages, no analytics.

Workaround:
    Restart the editor and open the project.

The screenshots show the initial appearance of the scene view and the result of reloading the scene by double clicking it in the asset tab.
    HDRP_BlackPixels.png HDRP_BlackPixels_AfterSceneReload.png

2. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Two things you can do:
    1) Update the project to HDRP version 4.0.0 via package manager
    2) Enter and exit play mode (it will fix the issue)

3. cameron990

cameron990

updating via package manager always causes errors for me. Idk maybe windows 8.

4. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

I've always got tons of errors after updating SRP from version to another, these errors and black screen usually go away when you just restart the editor. It works on next starts just fine for me until I update SRP again.

I never found that to be too limiting. I've just thought that you can't just swap this complex thing at runtime in the editor gracefully without putting extra effort on that part. Few restarts to get it cleared - while bit tedious - isn't really that time consuming.