Search Unity

Brightness of my game changes at random.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by mushroomseasonisopen666420, Jun 22, 2021.

1. mushroomseasonisopen666420

mushroomseasonisopen666420

I'm not sure what I've done or how to fix it; basically, my game will suddenly become much lighter or much darker after performing random actions; re-opening my project, hitting or stopping play, moving objects, even simply alt-tabbing will cause my scene to suddenly darken or lighten in tone. Does anybody know what's going on with my project?

To a lesser extent, how can I control the colour/contrast/other visual values of my camera/scene? I've scoured the internet for hours, and I can't find even a hint of information about what to do to soften that weird innate ambient light that Unity scenes have by default (And I'm not talking about the default Directional light that scenes come with). I'd rather the scene be pitch-black in the absence of illumination, so I can better control the look of my lighting.

2. adamgolden

adamgolden

Have you looked at Window->General->Lighting->Environment? You could adjust ambient color there to black if you wanted. There's also the lightmapper settings (Window->General->Lighting->Scene), could try changing stuff there. Also note that you can create custom scenes for your editing environment and assign them in Edit->Project Settings->Editor->Editing Environments.

3. mushroomseasonisopen666420

There's no 'Lighting' option under Window -> General - but I was able to find it all under Window -> Rendering -> Lighting
    Thought I might mention that in case somebody else comes across this thread while looking for info.

I had a play around in there, and I was able to turn down the intensity of the environmental lighting. Not sure if the lighting glitch has worked itself out yet. But thanks so much!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    adamgolden likes this.
  4. adamgolden

adamgolden

Oh yeah - it's Window->Rendering! :rolleyes:

5. mushroomseasonisopen666420

Easy mistake to make! Unfortunately, the lighting issue is still happening, so I'll hold out in case somebody has a clue.