Search Unity

Bright white flash between each cinemachine shot in HDRP

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by transparentz, Mar 6, 2020.

1. transparentz

transparentz

Hi, I'm trying to see how I can use cinemachine along with HDRP and having some issues. When I switch from one camera to another, I always get a bright white flash in the new shot. I thought it was related to the exposure setting but the problem remains after disabling postproces and volume. Attaching a gif to show issue (sorry for the terrible quality but other files are too large)

Any idea how this can be solved? Or does HDRP not fully support cinemachine? Would appreciate any help!

Attached Files:

2. gaborkb

gaborkb

Unity Technologies

Hi, HDRP is supported. Could you send a project where I can reproduce the issue? or more details on your setup (version numbers, vcam settings, hdrp settings, etc) and I'll try to repro from that.

3. transparentz

transparentz

Using unity 2019.3.3f1 though I've had the same issue on earlier versions of 2019 as well. Just tried reproducing it with the example assets but that works fine, so I'm suspecting it's linked to some of the 3D assets I'm using. Those had shaders from the regular render pipeline that I had to upgrade to HD. It's definitely a recurring issue though as I've had the same thing on 3 different projects on 3 different computers (though all of them using the same models)

I'll keep trying to repro it in a smaller project, but if not is there any way I can share a big project with you containing lots of assets? Sorry I'm still pretty new to this but would be good to find a solution as it's causing me a bit of a headache.

4. transparentz

transparentz

And regarding virtual cameras only 2 or 3 of them at a time. Nothing too crazy but still get that white flash with every cut. Using the latest version of cinemachine installed with the package manager.

5. gaborkb

gaborkb

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately, it's a HDRP bug.

6. transparentz

transparentz

Ah ok, bummer but thanks for confirming. I will export shots one by one and assemble in adobe for now. Please let me know when it is fixed if you can :)

7. gaborkb

gaborkb

Unity Technologies

8. transparentz

transparentz

The latest one I think. I fired the projects up from HDRP template in unity 2019.3.3. I can check the exact HDRP version for the project above on Monday and will let you know.

Since I have this issues on multiple projects, I just tried upgrading the one on my laptop from 7.1.8 to 7.2.1 and still having that same issue (though this one adds a black frame before the white flash).

9. transparentz

transparentz

I upgraded the hdrp version and switched exposure from automatic to fixed. This seems to have solved it for now. Still was a bit strange though because it was doing this even with the postprocess object turned off.

Thanks anyways!

InfernoPancake and gaborkb like this.
  10. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

JumpingGuy likes this.
  11. Zaine7673

Zaine7673

upload_2020-8-30_13-56-11.png

Does this mean the fix is out there somewhere? If so, where/how do we fix it? I've had a look to see if there is an update to the HDRP on package manager and no new updates so where is this fix? 7.3.1 is the latest from what I can see and I am up to date and still getting the issue.

12. JumpingGuy

JumpingGuy

Thanks for the note. Fixed the problems I was having with the flashing etc.