Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Brick Empires Demo

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Lell, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Lell

Lell

[EDIT] I added some more informations. I ask moderators if they can change title in "[WIN] Brick Empires Demo | 3D RTS Tower Defence". Thanks

Hello folk. I'm here to present this game concept I've been working on for some months.
    It is a tech demo, made to evaluate a game concept that I invented. So there are many things that are made just to work and not to be nice, mostly the interface.

The game is a 3D tower defence game, based on some famous plastic bricks that I never mention. :D
    It works only on windows for the moment. You have an objective to defend (in this demo a tresure, but it could be a princess or anything else). It is set in the medieval age. You have a hero, some units, and you can build structures with those bricks to defend the units and the objective. Enemies come in waves, and are able to kill your units and to destroy the structures you have built, brick by brick! They also have catapults. While they attack you can guide your units and repair your structures with new bricks. You have limited resources to build, but you can gather some from the map, and you receive some when reinforcements of units arrive.
    The cool thing, in my opinion, is that after every battle the battlefiled is full of rubble, wrecks of siege machines, ruins and puppets, tha become skeletons after some time, making the battlefield look very fought!

This is the download link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/10776h88rrafvgd/BrickEmpires TechDemo.zip?dl=0

This is a video that shows the basics of the game and some gameplay:

There are other older videos on the channel that show the game, like these:

What I would like to know is if this kind of concept could be fun and interesting, so I can put much more effort in its development, and maybe ask some permissions or even help from the creators of those bricks! :D I'm not a professional programmer, and this game needs better foundations to be created properly. Now it supports from 100 to 300 bricks in scene, and maps not larger than 256 studs of length. But I would like it to be more epic than this demo, with acceptable performances. It also need some better tools for building the structures, to make the process faster, but for a demo this aspect is acceptable.

In addition to the bad aspect of the GUI, some other problems may occour with the AI behavior. Sometimes puppets may get stuck. Sometimes they have problems with pathfinding. Other than that, they are quite aggressive.

So please have a look at it and try it out, and share with your friends if you think they are interested in this genre of games, or in those bricks that I don't mention. :D

Some screenshots for those who are in a hurry.

Thankyou for attention! Bye!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  2. Lell

Lell

I'm sorry, no one found an hour to try this?

Thanks!