Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

brewery simulation

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by rjburnett, Jun 27, 2007.

1. rjburnett

rjburnett

anybody interested in helping make a brewery simulation?

UCDavis, Food Engineering Professor R. Paul Singh is interested in creating a brewery with activities simulating actual brewing processes. we (me) are a small animation department of one and this is an ambitious project.

of course, being an academic project, we have no money to spend for contractors unless we can find a corporate sponsor or get a grant, (both of which we are pursuing).

I have experience with Maya and can do the modeling and animation. it's mostly tanks with interconnected pipes with valves and meters.

I have just started using Unity and have requested for an internal programmer to help with that end of the project (little chance).

there will be fluid flowing and my first question is whether those dynamic effects should be created in maya and imported to unity, or just created in unity?

any other advice, links, reference, ideas, input would be appreciated. about all I can offer in return is an admirable credit in the finished product (should that ever happen). but, you would have the personal satisfaction of contributing to the education of beer-brewing undergraduates.

2. AaronC

AaronC

I think you should stick to doing that in Unity as I dont think fluid dynamics will be importable. You could work with particle systems, using the world particle collider to simulate splashing. Theres a crumple mesh script in the procedual examples demo, which I like using for water surfaces...
    Good luck!

AC