Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Breeze In The Clouds! An Action Adventure Game back in Development!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by SrBilyon, Jul 2, 2013.

1. SrBilyon

SrBilyon

Breeze In The Clouds

Hello everyone!

I'm presenting a project that I've been working on in-and-out for roughly two years now called "Breeze In The Clouds".
    It's going to be an action/adventure platformer, similar to that of many 4th, 5th, and 6th generation games of the Mario, Crash Bandicoot, and Sly Cooper series.

Tech

I've been modifying a lot of the game's framework lately due to many lessons and tricks that I have learned through working in many different projects. I've also been doing a fair share of design/redesign to better the game as well.

A good amount of the fundamentals for the game have been completed, but are being refactored/reworked.

• Currently modifying the combat system of the game
    • Converting the enemies and NPCs from Character Controllers to Rigidbodies
    • Restructuring the AI to run on more simplified FSM based on their behavior type
    • Finishing with creating the fundamental base classes for interactive props

This video shows off some of the combat from one of my older builds (note: art and animations no where near final):

This video show a little more gameplay and a combat as well:

I also finally setup a website/dev blog as well. I've retroactively added in a lot of old new/content there, that way I won't have to paste a book of content on this post :)

Music

Outside of code and design, I also have some talented musician friends that are helping out in the music department, one of them is the awesome and famous, Aivi Tran, also know as Waltzforluma on Youtube. She is best known for her work on Cryamore, Soul Saga, and various Nintendo VGM covers.

The Main Theme was created by her:

There is also Michael Staple, also known as MaxieDaMan, or DJ Max-E. Some of his work includes the 8-Bit Adventure Album, and his contributions to the fan game, Sonic After the Sequel.

One of his various contributions:

Last, but not least, there's Alan 'Gee' Garcia, a friend of I met during an adventure across the country. In an odd turn of events, I discovered that he was QUITE the musician and pleaded his to assist me on this project (well, rather, I asked once, and he was like, yeah I'll help :D)

Art
    Well, honestly, there isn't a lot to show in this department just yet. I've had a couple of AWESOME artists helping out a while back, but due to some other obligations, they weren't able to stay on board unfortunately (no hard feeling of course :) )

But there were also some of the ones that, well, I'm not going to go into that... :D

I'm a decent artist on a good day, so I can do a bit here and there as I develop my art skills, but I'm hoping that after doing a bit more of work on the game, I can attract some attention and maybe get a little assistance, etc, but until then, you can check out some pieces that were done between me, and one of the former artists here and on my blog.

$cityoverview_LOW.jpg

Well, that's all for now!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  2. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

I remember this game! Looks great :) Good luck.

3. SrBilyon

SrBilyon

Thanks! It's been a while hasn't it? I wasn't sure if many remembered it's existence!

4. PixelHeadHD

PixelHeadHD

Looks like a nice chilled out game :) best of luck! loved the mario and crash games back in the day, this looks nice a fun, obviously very early stages but will be interesting to see how it turns out :)

5. SrBilyon

SrBilyon

Here are some mockups of the main pause menu that I created. I wanted something colorful and whimsical.

$Info-Screen.gif
    $Items-Screen.gif
    $Equipment-Screen.gif

I'm also currently looking over and finalizing preliminary design and mechanics for the game now, as well as moving on to more prototyping of the combat. On the art end, I'm also working on a lot of concept art as well.