Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Breakspace : 3D Break Out clone

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by trancerobot, Nov 17, 2012.

1. trancerobot

trancerobot

Well, I finally finished my first commercial game. If you weren't following the wip thread, the game is basically break-out, but in 3d. It has 30 levels and 5 power-ups. I began working on the game while going to college, although most of the progress happened after I graduated this last spring. The game was developed in Unity 3.x, each level has a clock that activates after you destroy a certain percentage of blocks. This allows the user to make progress with the game without getting frustrated about hard to reach blocks. However, if the user does manage to knock them all down they are awarded an extra ball, which will come in handy on the more difficult levels.

When you complete the game, a new game mode is unlocked called Random Play. This mode allows you to play endlessly on randomly selected levels until you run out of balls or leave the game.

Developing Breakspace was sometimes fun, sometimes tedious. I'm relieved that it's over, but happy that I managed to finish a game for once and put it on a market for sale.

If you're wondering about the apparent small number of levels, I didn't know that 30 was a small number for a break-out game until after I submitted it. I intend to add another 30 levels through an update in the near future.

Feedback is welcome, though there isn't a demo available yet. If you want to try the game but not spend any money remember that there is a refund window.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trancerobot.breakspace

2. d10sfan

d10sfan

Just downloaded it, pretty fun. The time-limit without being forced to finish is a refreshing idea. Fun gameplay too. I played it on my Galaxy Nexus phone.

3. trancerobot

trancerobot

Ah! Thanks, I saw your comment on Google Play. Let me know if the game is too short, I think it might be... If enough people suggest that I'll go ahead and add some more levels.