Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking line in text component

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by TrashestCoder, Jan 24, 2019.

1. TrashestCoder

TrashestCoder

So I have simple UI text component
    upload_2019-1-24_17-42-16.png

whose text I access through this script:
    upload_2019-1-24_17-49-37.png

But when I load up project using chrome, text is displayed in one line instead of breaking into two parts:
    upload_2019-1-24_18-2-30.png
    I as well tried combinations like ``; but that as well didn't work. Maybe someone encountered this problem and know how to solve it?

2. tomny

tomny

I had the same problem. I don't think Tiny supports multiline texts (Correct me if I'm wrong).
    I just had two text fields for my question and set each like so

Code (JavaScript):
    1. let qt1 = this.world.getComponentData(this.world.getEntityByName("QuestionText1"), ut.Text.Text2DRenderer);
    2. let qt2 = this.world.getComponentData(this.world.getEntityByName("QuestionText2"), ut.Text.Text2DRenderer);
    3. qt1.text = "What is your";
    4. qt2.text = "favorite color?";
    5. // set comp data

3. TrashestCoder

TrashestCoder

Ha, thanks for the solution. It will fit just right with my moving buttons 100 miles away from camera, because I couldn't disable them.

4. SzabolcsNagy

SzabolcsNagy

In the editor window it shows up correctly, though.
    When playing the game it shows "Line Brea" on one line... :(
    upload_2019-2-25_13-27-32.png

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

I had this problem too.
    Unfortunate, the only solution i found, was the same as Tomny said.

Sad :(

6. xenoph

xenoph

Multi-line text label support is on the roadmap it seems.

ER_Dolleman likes this.
  7. sahilverma5

sahilverma5

Having Same issue ....
    Multi Line is not working. Please, provide a solution to show text in multiple lines

8. gattzack

gattzack

I tried using this method but nothing comes up, also this error is shown in the console :
    "ut.World.getComponentData(): Invalid entity NONE when attempting to get component ut.Text.Text2DRenderer (Component ID 8) ut.World.getComponentData(): Invalid entity NONE when attempting to get component ut.Text.Text2DRenderer (Component ID 8) "
    Any ideas as to why this is happening please?

9. Zionisias

Zionisias

You get that error whenever the entity you are feeding into the this.world.getComponentData does contain an empty entity reference (Index and version both 0, this is called the NONE entity by Unity Tiny. See it as a null-value for entities.). There can be multiple reasons why your entity refers to the NONE-entity. If you are doing the same as in the example provided above: this.world.getEntityByName() will return the NONE-entity whenever the provided entity name does not match an existing entity.

If this doesn't help you, you could provide a code sample so I can determine why your entity is the NONE-entity. ;)