Search Unity

Bug Breaking bug prevents debugging - repro'd; need Unity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by dpt2, Apr 13, 2022.

1. dpt2

dpt2

Details for the original issue, repro and workaround here with details how to resolve it -- need Unity's help for the actual fix that I couldn't find until years of debugging, since it looked seemingly-random (it's not):

https://forum.unity.com/threads/socket-unable-to-join-multicast-group.164413/page-2

I decided to make a new thread since the original one has been bumped since 2013 without resolve (shame on you, Unity) - perhaps it's even filtered out to QA staff due to forum tags added later.

This was also reported back in ~Unity 5.4 already via the editor - you have your bug report, already, so you may have to dig (and I'm sure others may have reported it as "unable to connect to debugger" or "package manager could not start" since 2013). I have done enough without a paycheck for this - I am tired, friends. Good luck.

2. dpt2

dpt2

Hey folks, anyone on this? Reported in 2013 originally. I repro'd a breaking debug bug that's been around since the dawn of Unity -- would love to see someone on this. It's been reported time and time again years ago, but for the first time, I can repro it and fix it with my workaround every time to prove it's 100% resolvable (if Unity helps).

3. spiney199

spiney199

Have you actually reported this via the current bug reporting avenues?

4. dpt2

dpt2

Yep in Unity 5.6