Search Unity

Breacher - Our First Android Game - now in Alpha

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Ianicm, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Ianicm

Ianicm

Hi unity community,

We are very excited since this is our first android game. It's all done in Unity and we've been working hard on the marketing side also.We named our company Doubleton, as we are just two individuals - One programmer and one graphic artist. We both contribute to the game design.

In BREACHER you are recruited by an anonymous, unidentified party that supplied you with the latest technology in Data Breaching software. Your first assignment consists of locating nearby devices and probing networks for the most valuable thing out there : Information.

With every breach, you steal private information, search for encrypted passwords and uncover high value targets that lead you closer to into an unexpected conspiracy. With continuous breaches you'll upgrade your scanning range, exploit vulnerable security protocols, gain access to private profiles, social media accounts and acquire more data. As your experience increases you will encounter more challenging and profitable missions, and move deeper into the immersive narrative of the BREACHER universe.

Here are some Key Features:

• 6 different target types ranging for sms, emails to Corporate Networks and CEO laptops offering various difficulty levels and rewards.

• 3 additional levels of difficulty accessible at anytime for more intense gaming and rewards.

• Combining two navigation mechanism to create a unique space tunnel experience.

• Randomly generated environments and obstacles based on a top secret internal code keeping your gaming experience fresh.

• Unique conspiracy story line.*

• Persistent Data collection auto-saving your progress.

• Achievements board tracking your progress and challenges.

• Upgrade system tailored by the player to fit his own playing style.*

• More than a hundred text messages to bring you into the Breacher universe.

• Even more good stuff!
    *What’s is NOT in the alpha version but will be there when we release the game?
    • Immersive story. We’re got it all planned out, we just need to integrate it in the game.

• High Value Targets and Passwords. The mechanism is almost in place.

• Upgrade system. Presently you’ll just get the Scan range and Target Type unlock as you play. Complete four tunnel missions and unlock a new target. Complete two more and expand the scanning range.

• Ads. —We didn’t put that in the Alpha.

That’s it.

Here is the trailer for the game :

We want the game to be fun, captivating and bug free so... if you are interested in being part of our alpha testing, and later our beta testing, please send me a message, we are looking for a few good candidates!

We are open to suggestions, feedback and critics.

Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. Ianicm

Ianicm

We finally got our official website : doubletongamestudio.com!

3. Ianicm

Ianicm

Bump - As we are starting to work on the Beta!

4. Ianicm

Ianicm

Almost done with our first game. Still looking for Beta testers :)

5. diegomendes

diegomendes

I like that! Are you planning launch to iOS?

6. Ianicm

Ianicm

Hi diegomendes,
    So far we only worked on the Android version. If it's successful we will indeed branch to other platforms and languages.

diegomendes likes this.
  7. Ianicm

Ianicm

8. Ianicm

Ianicm

Gentlemannequin likes this.
  9. Gentlemannequin

Gentlemannequin

I decided to browse through the forums today and was surprised to see that this was released just today. Graphics wise, it's a clean and simple look, pleasing to the eye. Mad props to the artist. I'm not a big fan of the controls during the floating portion. It just felt real awkward. The grounded portion was pretty smooth, probably because I didn't have to worry about moving up or down, but when it transitions back into the floating portion, it's a bit jarring. The hit boxes feels off too. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to hit the obstacle, but I make it through perfectly fine. Other times it's like I'm safe, but I apparently hit obstacle and failed the mission. I also noticed that the game requires a lot of focus, because I didn't notice the bar at the top of the screen showing me my progress through the mission until way later, like after I started drafting this post. That said, it took about 15 minutes, where I gamed over three times, before completing the first stage. Overall, while it is a neat and fairly polished game, I personally think the game is not very appealing. The difficulty curve, while not the hardest in the world, is pretty high up there for a mobile game. It requires your full of attention for the duration of play to get things done, averaging at around a minute or two; at least during the first few missions. While I do believe that the graphics look nice, it also doesn't look very interesting at the same time. It's not very engaging, and the crosshair, which I think signifies the player, doesn't do it justice. The story bits via SMS are interesting so far, and compels me to push forward, however, it does give off the vibe that if anyone wants to really enjoy the story, they'll be better off watching it via Youtube whenever it makes it's way there. There might be some other features that I've yet to touch yet cause I'm early in, but those are my initial thoughts on the game. That said, congratulations on your first release.

10. Ianicm

Ianicm

First, thank you for playing our game!

This morning we celebrated our first 50 download of the game and so far, despite the positive review, you raised a common issue with the navigation. (Hit box, obstacle, etc.) It came to our attention, some users are not using the crossair as the reference element but the joystick. So they try to get the joystick into the empty space in the gates, this puts the crossair over the gate and it collides. Maybe you are approaching the navigation the same way. We are preparing a clear video to help with this.

Concerning the jarring. Some players have experience this because of the texture field they pass. We’ve reduced the size of each texture. Perhaps this will help.

Since I'm doing the art, I’m happy you enjoy it!. I did go on the side of simplicity to make sure no one is confused by the icons, but in the back of my mind, I also think like you, the extra work to have unique icons could be worth it. Maybe in the next version.

You should never game over, since this will reset your progress. Presently they are a few options offered to the played.:

- Watch an Ad and get all your firewall shield back.
    - Buy more firewall shield and watch fewer ads.
    - Buy the game no more ads. Your shield regenerate instantly.

The last point “Overall, while it is a neat and fairly polished game...The difficulty curve, while not the hardest in the world, is pretty high up there for a mobile game. It requires your full attention for the duration of play.... averaging at around a minute or two; at least during the first few missions. ”

That might be the one item we need to address the most. You're right, making it easier to start and not fail as you are learning is a priority.

last thought...
    Storywise, in this day and age, some people see it on YouTube, some people want to play it. I agree, the option is out there. ( damn it! Haha ) I'll keep my fingers crossed they will learn it by playing the game.

Pavel and I (we are two working on this) Thank you for sending us feedback. Its important and it will help us make wiser decisions moving forward.

Gentlemannequin likes this.
  11. Ianicm

Ianicm

This morning we prepared a "how to play" video to help with the navigation. Tell us what you think!