Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Brand new to Unity, downloaded 2D Game Kit and got an error

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by SpikeyBiscuit, Feb 25, 2020.

1. SpikeyBiscuit

SpikeyBiscuit

upload_2020-2-25_14-15-51.png
    I opened it up and it said something like "error on first load. There should not have been one, go to the forums"
    I have no idea what didn't work or what I should be seeing as this is my very first time dealing with Unity. What do I do?

After closing the error pop-up I noticed at the bottom it says "Import parameters got modified during import" Is that the issue?

Thank you

Benyamin_ likes this.
  2. SpikeyBiscuit

SpikeyBiscuit

I closed it without saving because I didn't want to save an error. Went through the steps again and ended up downloading and opening it a second time
    upload_2020-2-25_14-39-40.png
    This is the same screen I had the first time. Got no idea what is going on

3. oleary757

oleary757

I'm in the same situation.

edit:
    After playing around a bit, I built and ran the program. It worked.

I came back to unity, in the console tab, and pressed clear on build and clear on play which cleared the error. I'm back to following the tutorial.

Hope this helps.

Edit 2:
    Back in the tutorial, I'm not able to get the new scene to show in the folder nor draw from the palette. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge can let us know what's wrong. Off to work, but I'll check back to see if anyone answers or if you figured anything out.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  4. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager Unity Technologies

Could you folks try loading the project in 2019.2? I see from the screenshot that you're in 2019.3 and according to the landing page (https://learn.unity.com/project/2d-game-kit), the project doesn't support that version.

5. oleary757

oleary757

I'm unable to load it with 2019.2 from the HUB. It says I need to load 2019.3 to load this program. Note: it shows downloaded in the HUB. Is there a way to remove it from the HUB so I can download it to .2? Thanks

6. d3ny0

d3ny0

I have the same problem as SpikeyBiscuit... does anyone has a solution for this?

I've already deinstalled Unity, Unity Hub and deleted all the folders of Unity in the %appdata% directory. Downloaded/installed everything again. Sadly, that doesn't helped.

7. unity_jxHX9TWnbNlB_w

unity_jxHX9TWnbNlB_w

Same here but with the Begginer Code project. "Import parameters got modified during import" errors and I can't fix it. I tried to uninstall and install everything, download the project again, etc... no luck

8. Takis

Takis

Since the "preferred version" feature got removed I don't see a way to open a tutorial (unity learn) project with a specific version. In another post a Unity Team Member explained why the "preferred version" was removed and he said that there is no reason to open a tutorial project with a version other than the last installed. But actually there is a reason for this. The latest version I have is 2019.3 but the tutorial project "2D Game Kit" supports 2017.3 to 2019.2. So I most definitely need to select version while opening a tutorial project. Every version manager program should always allow to change the version to open/create a new project. Plz help. I am that close to uninstall 2019.3

9. hollowthreat

hollowthreat

Same error here "Import parameters got modified during import" , trying unity for the first time, this is not a good experience :(
    Can't find 2019.2 in HUB, lowest is 2019.3 which is what I've installed. Unity team aware of this problem? how do we report this issue?

10. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Thanks for the heads up folks. I've asked the content team to look into this so either myself or them will update once we have more news.

hollowthreat likes this.
  11. Takis

Takis

I've played a bit with Unity before. It's a great tool but this hickup is indeed not good. It's not a problem with the actual tool though. Anyway here https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive you can find "Unity 2019.2.0". Just select the "Unity Hub" option.

12. Takis

Takis

The quickest solution, until a proper solution is found, would be to update "2D Game Kit" to be compatible with 2019.3. If you go down this road please also update "Ruby's Adventure: 2D Beginner". Both of them are part of the "Beginning 2D Game Development" and both support the same Unity versions. So I guess both would have the same issue. Thanks.

Neto_Kokku likes this.
  13. BoeufHomard

BoeufHomard

Hello, I have the same situation here, I'm new to Unity, and I can't start the tutorials (creator kit : Puzzle for me). Is there any updates on this issue ? And how can I download 2019.2 ? I haven't managed too find it.
    Thanks

Edit : Thanks Takis for the link for 2019.2

14. Takis

Takis

Check my reply to another user in this thread. It's a couple of posts above :). Did it help you?

15. BoeufHomard

BoeufHomard

Yes sorry, I had not seen your post, thanks, I will update you if it works.

16. Takis

Takis

No worries

17. BoeufHomard

BoeufHomard

So I have installed 2019.2.0, but then it showed me this, I can't launch the tutorial. So I tried with 2019.3.0 (so not the latest), but I got the same result than before.
    Did you manage to launch creator kits with 2019.2.0 ? From the unity hub it looks like 2019.3 or above is mandatory, which is a problem.

Attached Files:

18. hollowthreat

hollowthreat

Thanks for the reply, BoeufHomard tested not working, I've tried 2018.4.19f1 from HUB, still not working, it ask for 2019.3 to open the project o_O

Guess I'll wait for unity's fix....

19. BoeufHomard

BoeufHomard

So, I found a tutorial on YouTube that look complete, and even if it's not the latest version, there is a lots of recents comments that give a lots of advices, I am following this tutorial on the 2018.4.19 version (LTS).
    I thought you might be interested.

20. Takis

Takis

No we are all in the same deadlock. Waiting for a fix for now.

21. Takis

Takis

That's great. I will watch it. Thanks :)

22. Takis

Takis

Exactly. BoeufHomard send a tutorial from youtube. Perhaps you can flex your muscles with this one while waiting.

23. RaffoSFX

RaffoSFX

So? Any news about this issue?

24. extarlife

extarlife

I'm also having issues with the beginner code project the assets are pink and there are numerous import warnings.

I've tried deleting the project files etc from app data and re-downloading same issue when I try and open in latest 2019.3.9f1.

Attached Files:

colorus7 likes this.
  25. santosenoka

santosenoka

I'm having the same issues as everyone else. Any fix?

26. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Is everyone here reporting issues using version 1.9.1 of the 2D Game Kit?

27. wolfgangbingo

wolfgangbingo

found this on another thread from a user called g3tinmyb3lly:

In unity editor: Click Window, select package manager. Then select Universal RP and update to 7.3.1

seems to have worked so far.

zxonline likes this.
  28. DevShinoi

DevShinoi

@wolfgangbingo, updating the Universal RP worked for me, thanks buddy

29. varzdani

varzdani

30. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

What version of the Editor are you using?

31. Nollix

Nollix

Bless, fixed my issue with the beginner code tutorial

32. badran08

badran08

For me it did not :(

33. Zafus

Zafus

HI UNITY Developers:

I am having trouble getting started with 2D GameKit Walkthrough. When I downloaded the project and opened it, followed through the instruction but all of my scenes are blur. I have attached the screenshot as well. I am using UNITY on MAC. I don't have much prior experience with UNITY so your help will be much appreciated. Thank You.

It gave me same error:
    Import parameters got modified during import

P.S All of my scenes are BLUR like the attached screenshot.

Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 9.20.50 AM.png

34. Valjuin

Valjuin

upload_2020-5-30_12-30-41.png

35. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi! yesterday I reported that error. You can vote for it on Unity Issue Tracker:

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...hen-opening-up-the-project-for-the-first-time

36. HeavyRudyUniUS

HeavyRudyUniUS

Could you please be more specific about the version you mean?, I don't know if I should try 2019.2.3 or 2019.2.4 or ... 2019.2.11 : / :confused::(

37. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I would first try 2019.2.0, as that is probably what it was uploaded using.

38. n3phylum

n3phylum

I had the same "Import parameters got modified during import" issue. I'm using Unity 2020.1 with URP project.
    My solution was to go to Edit>Project Settings... and reset a URP settings (1st option) by just picking one as below screenshot.
    It doesn't appear to be a Unity issue but the imported asset settings.
    Hope this helps someone.

upload_2020-9-26_19-46-10.png

MichaelNielsenDev likes this.
  39. braunma

braunma

Similar issue here.
    - Downloaded 3D Beginner: Tutorial Resources (Supported Unity versions: 2018.3.6 or higher)
    - Unity Hub says about John Lemon's Haunted Jaunt: 3D Beginner "Editor version 2020.1"
    - Tutorial description supported until version 2019.4
    - I am using 2020.1.10f1
    The console throws me the following errors. upload_2020-10-25_21-22-38.png
    I have not done anything except downloading the tutorial resources. Any help?

40. ljdfd

ljdfd

follow me, Click Window, select package manager. Then select Universal RP and update to 7.5.2,click console-->clear,run again ,start to work,hhhhhhh...

41. MichaelNielsenDev

MichaelNielsenDev

Same issue here. On version 2019.4 in a new project I tried installing the John Lemon's Haunted Jaunt (first tried the resources version, ran into this issue and scrapped everything, then tried the complete project version in another new project with the same result).

I keep getting errors that seem related to the package manager import failing somehow and always get the "Import parameters got modified during import" error last in the console list. I figured since the project has dependencies (on at least Cinemachine from what I can tell) I tried updating Cinemachine to the latest version via the Package Manager. Still got lots of errors including some warning about something wrong with a stylesheet or something.

I tried also installing/updating the Universal Render Pipeline but still no go. Tried deleting and regenerating the Library and then updating the Package Manager itself to version 2 but still getting these errors. Any ideas? I'd really like to use the assets from this project to quickly prototype :/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  42. Sir_Ven

Sir_Ven

did that to me on the beginning code tutorial. went to >assets > reimport all

unityunity