Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Brand new project in 2019.2.2f1 colb errors on initial load. CollabProxyException: No valid git obje

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by alexrau, Sep 5, 2019.

1. alexrau

alexrau

On initial load a new project into Colb 2.0.0 (preview 17), I get this error that I don't what to do about. (I get the same error 3-5 times; howver the referenced GUID is always the same). It appears that everything else uploaded correctly, but it is really hard to tell with thousands of files, and I really like all of them.

CollabProxyException: No valid git object identified by '98fe7334a5d0253651a59c6bcac8b248e98f73ea' exists in the repository.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    CollabProxy.Client.CollabVersionControl:LogExceptionDetails(Exception) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabVersionControl.cs:445)
    CollabProxy.Client.CollabVersionControl:OnUpdateHeadException(Exception) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabVersionControl.cs:224)
    CollabProxy.Client.<>c__DisplayClass18_0`1:<RegisterListener>b__0(PacketHeader, Connection, String) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabProxyClient.cs:286)
    NetworkCommsDotNet.Tools.PacketTypeHandlerDelegateWrapper`1:process(PacketHeader, Connection, Object)
    NetworkCommsDotNet.Connections.Connection:TriggerSpecificPacketHandlers(PacketHeader, Object)
    NetworkCommsDotNet.NetworkComms:TriggerAllPacketHandlers(PacketHeader, Connection, MemoryStream, SendReceiveOptions, Boolean)
    NetworkCommsDotNet.NetworkComms:TriggerAllPacketHandlers(PacketHeader, Connection, MemoryStream, SendReceiveOptions)
    NetworkCommsDotNet.NetworkComms:CompleteIncomingItemTask(Object)
    NetworkCommsDotNet.Tools.CommsThreadPool:ThreadWorker(Object)
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart(Object)

2. alexrau

alexrau

Any ideas how I might go about figuring this out?

3. leos_unity

leos_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @alexrau. Just to clarify, you created a new project, published thousands of files, and are now seeing this error. Is that accurate?

Can you confirm that there wasn't an error with the publish? Are you able to download this project without an error?

4. alexrau

alexrau

@leos_unity created a new project and on initial load get this error, which prevents any uploads to the collobrate. Is there a way to determine what the problematic GUID is or is it best that I unlink the project and try again.

5. leos_unity

leos_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @alexrau. Since you have not published, yes that is the best bet. Note that performing the initial publish may take a couple tries, but I was able to get a [deliberately corrupted] project out of that state. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019