Search Unity

Feature Request Branch Coverage analysis tool

Discussion in 'Testing & Automation' started by pelaezjorge, Apr 28, 2021.

1. pelaezjorge

pelaezjorge

Good morning!
    In my team we've relying on Unity's Test Runner and Code Coverage for some months, and the experience couldn't be better. As Code Coverage only supports line coverage, we have been careful to test every state and condition possible.

But recently having a branch coverage report turned to be an essential requirement, so I would like to ask if there is such tool that is compatible with Edit and Play mode tests. I researched a little on the web but didn't find anything that would suit the needs.

Thank you very much!

denravonska likes this.
  2. Unity-Nikos

Unity-Nikos

Unity Technologies

Hi @pelaezjorge - thank you for the feedback! Adding Branch Coverage and NPath Complexity support in the Unity Engine and Code Coverage package is in the roadmap. Regrettably, we can't give a timeframe for when this is going to be available.

As this requires changes in the Unity Engine there shouldn't be any other tool that provides Branch Coverage.

Thank you
    Nikos

Xarbrough and nowsprinting like this.
  3. pelaezjorge

pelaezjorge

Hi Nikos,
    thank you very much for your answer and for your hard work.

We will be waiting for those features then!

Unity-Nikos likes this.
  4. trueh

trueh

Same here. Branch coverage analysis is a basic tool when it comes to testing complex game logic. I would be happy to have it.

Unity-Nikos likes this.
  5. skazmierczak

skazmierczak

Any updates on branch coverage? I Dont see it on the roadmap

6. Unity-Nikos

Unity-Nikos

Unity Technologies

Branch coverage is still on the backlog but there are currently higher priority items we are working on. I can’t provide a timeframe for when this situation changes but will share updates when we know more.

7. dangdinhquang

dangdinhquang

wait for a good new

8. MartinToutirais

MartinToutirais

Hi @Unity-Nikos, and thank you for your answers. Sorry to bring this back but it's been several months since the last update. Do you have any news about how to get "Branch Coverage" data compatible with Edit and Play mode tests ?