Search Unity

Box collider 2d collision help

Discussion in '2D' started by JackAshwell, Nov 9, 2019.

1. JackAshwell

JackAshwell

So here is my current code:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using System.Collections.Generic;
    4. using UnityEngine;
    6. public class Collision : MonoBehaviour
    7. {
    8.     void OnTriggerEnter2D(Collider2D other) {
    9.         Debug.Log("TRIGGER");
    10.     }
    11. }
    And my unity inspector:
    https://imgur.com/a/2WimZ2J

So when i go to run Unity, it doesn't show up the 'TRIGGER' log in the console.

If anyone knows what's wrong, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  2. mystrymaster

mystrymaster

What is the exact problem here?

3. JackAshwell

JackAshwell

I edited the problem in there

4. eses

eses

@JackAshwell

BTW I think adding feedback tag means you are trying to give feedback / report some Unity feature related issue - which you are not doing here... you are just asking a question. It shouldn't be used to catch attention...

5. JackAshwell

JackAshwell

Oops, my bad. I'm kinda new to unity, sorry.

6. eses

eses

BTW you can attach images permanently to forum posts, using "Upload a File" button next to "Post Reply" button.

Now your Imgur link works (site which I don't usually visit, the whole site is annoying) but your images on your post are broken.

7. JackAshwell

JackAshwell

My bad again

8. eses

eses

@JackAshwell

If you are using physics2D (like you seem to be using), when one object has collider, and another has collider + rigidbody2D, you should be good to go, even if both are set to be triggers.

But seems like you have set your Pac-man to "Pacman" layer, and your walls to "Wall" - have you made sure, that Pac-man and walls layers are checked in collision matrix of Physics 2D settings? Otherwise those layers wouldn't register hits between each other...

Also, I won't start guessing more, but you didn't even actually mention which objects don't collide... Pac-man vs walls, or Pac-man vs coins??

Also, can't see Pac-man rb settings - and walls probably don't need rb as those are static / non-moving in Pac-man.

You should try to explain all the steps you have taken, otherwise readers will be just guessing what you have done or not done.

9. JackAshwell

JackAshwell

The pacman, walls and coins are all checked in the collision matrix so they are fine.

I wanted the pacman and walls as well as the pacman and coins to collide so i can then add points to the player.

Also i have the coins, pacman and the walls all as static.

Sorry if i wasn't too detailed, this is my first game that i'm making on my own.

10. eses

eses

@JackAshwell

Pac-man is moving and colliding, it shouldn't be static.

Also, coins too shoudn't be static - make then have no gravity instead as Pac-man is top down game.

11. JackAshwell

JackAshwell

So i made pacman and the coins dynamic with no gravity, but it still doesn't work.

12. eses

eses

I can't help much more. Maybe there is something else going on.

I would try to drop your script to new sprite objects in blank scene. Add colliders + rigidbody.

Then you can manually move two sprites with collider as trigger to overlap, and see if you get the debug message.