Search Unity

Games Bound By Fate

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by SeelenGeier, Dec 24, 2023.

1. SeelenGeier

SeelenGeier

Merry Christmas everyone :D

I already posted my alpha launch in made by unity but since I am still working on improving the game, I wanted to post my progress and version updates here.
    https://seelengeier.itch.io/bound-by-fate
    Version 1.2 has been released a week ago and I will try to update this thread with every iteration as well with upcoming releases.

I made several improvements to the game including a small tutorial and some quality of life additions like the teamviewer to see what a team is doing offscreen.

Version 1.1 introduced the tutorial and some upgrades to the recruiting menu. You can now also edit the character names when clicking on their name in the roster menu.

Version 1.2 then introduced the teamviewer and started with the prettification of the UI. The first major UI overhaul was on the upgrade menu, which now looks way nicer. The game now even saves after every interaction where something savable is changed.

The UI still has a long way to go, but it gets better every iteration...at least I feel that it does XD

Version 1.3 is still in the oven and will probably take a bit longer than 1.2 due to the holidays.

I hope to get some feedback and comments on the game and improve it more and more to get to a point where I can finally say "this would even be worth charging money".

...still a long road ahead :)

Cheers
    SeelenGeier

PS: check out the blog posts as well to see the planning and progress of development.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
  2. SeelenGeier

SeelenGeier

Version 1.2.1 has just released!
    Why so soon? Why only a bugfix version?
    1.2 was unplayable for new players -.- so this is fixed now and you can recruit adventurers again :D yay
    Version 1.3 still needs some time since I don't have time to work on it until next year/week XD

Have fun and happy new year
    SeelenGeier

3. SeelenGeier

SeelenGeier

Alright, Version 1.3.0 is now released :D
    The new year brings new quality of life and a bit easier orientation during missions.
    You can have a look at my checklist of todos I finished in this version here: https://seelengeier.itch.io/bound-by-fate/devlog/666133/version-130
    I try to keep the devlogs consistent to document the progression of the game and motivate myself a bit more by seeing where the game came from and how it evolved :)

Cheers and have fun
    SeelenGeier

4. carking1996

carking1996

Looks good. Nice start. Post more pictures and videos here!

5. SeelenGeier

SeelenGeier

You're right :D I will try to add some images for every update in the future (I might add some for 1.2 and 1.3 later).
    I added some from itch.io to the main post for everyone to initially see.
    There is also a new devblog post where I give a short overview over the current plan for version 1.4.
    I am trying to communicate my updates on itch every few weeks to keep some documentation (mostly for myself atm).

6. SeelenGeier

SeelenGeier

Alright, version 1.4 released and contains a big automation feature (see devlog). I hope this sets the basis for most of the systems and I can start refining and adding quality-of-life features in 1.5. The UI is still ugly, but that will change in the next couple of updates I think. The plan for 1.5 is mostly done, but I will post it later in another devlog as usual.

1.4.gif
    The image quality is a bit meh because of the web version.
    I highly recommend using the standalone version for better quality or playing in fullscreen on the web version (config at the hub screen).

Have fun and feedback would be appreciated ;)