Search Unity

Games - Bouncy Color - Colorful Platform Game (Android)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by impheris, Oct 30, 2018.

?

It looks interesting?

1. No...

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Yes..

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Maybe

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. impheris

impheris

Bouncy Color

Bouncy Color its the first game from our 2 guys team named "Aggressive Cat". Its a simple but not-so-easy platform game that will test your patience and skills trough colorful levels and classical music.

You will see a very common game but this one its not an "automatic level generator" game. All levels are handmade to create challenging experience.

The Game will be released in the coming days for android and will be on iphone very soon

Here are some images:

And a Video

This game is (and will be) free So install it and test it.

You can find it on google play by the name: Bouncy color Aggressive Cat

or with the link below
    Link
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aggressivecat.bouncycolor

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    jjmontes and Antypodish like this.
  2. Antypodish

Antypodish

You really should add some basics showcase video of game play.

3. impheris

impheris

Sorry for y english, did you mean a video for a gameplay?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  4. Antypodish

Antypodish

5. impheris

impheris

Done!

Antypodish likes this.
  6. Antypodish

Antypodish

That looks more interesting.
    Well done.

7. impheris

impheris

Hi...
    I'm working on a new User Interface to the next beta update, this is how it looks so far:

8. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Simple, looks good, I like it! Good luck! :)

EDIT: One thing that might make it easier to get more levels (or infinite...) is some kind of level generator, I'd definitely consider trying to make a procedural level generator to make levels fresh and unique every playthrough!

Even if its too heavy for generating on the device, you could generate hundreds of levels in editor, then export those to the device so there are far more levels in total...

9. Antypodish

Antypodish

Yep agree, simple UI looks nice.

10. impheris

impheris

Hi reptile. Thak you for the tip. I was thinking about levels generators but, this game will have many sections that i would prefer to create by hand so that they have my own intention and the player experiences it as i want.
    But there will be a game mode in wich i will use a generator

MD_Reptile likes this.
  11. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Cool beans. Hand crafted levels can help make the experience have a good difficulty curve, but I think a generator could really add to replayability. Hope all goes well!

12. impheris

impheris

Hi
    I just want to say that, the last beta is release.

What is new?

- Music (with a button toggle off)
    - Some bug fixes
    - Main menu (just play button)
    - Better graphics

Just see the new images and please share the game

Thanks...

13. impheris

impheris

Hi... Sorry for the silence.

The game will finally be released in the coming days so i hope you like it

14. impheris

impheris

The game its finally released, the link is in the main post.

Thank you guys...

15. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

On your store listing you should really take full advantage of the description, title, and all text fields because the search algorithms on the play store take keywords from those fields.

The name is often abused, where developers/publishers put "Some Game - Flappy Crossy Smashy Keywords" because they want to get the highest rankings they can for those words in googles algorithms.

I don't recommend doing that - as it looks pretty odd for english speaking users to see that, and the users are getting a little turned off by all the spammy nature of the app titles thanks to that trend. There are cases where its ok, for instance "Spotify - Music and Podcasts" isn't spammy, and directly relates to the app. Abusing this might net a higher number of downloads temporarily, but will probably take away from the overall appeal of the app in the long run, especially if google finds a problem and suspends your app.

However, in the description and other fields you should be really trying to fit in as many possible keywords as you can - without going overboard (perhaps 1000 characters or so shouldn't be too much for a description), because you really do need those keywords to get discovered in searches on the store.

I usually use services like SensorTower to look at similar, competitor apps/games, and it gives you a decent idea what kind of keywords they use, and how they rate the visibility and ASO of that app/game. You should NOT use every single keyword that shows up on SensorTower or similar services, but instead carefully choose ones that fit your app/game, and try and use the really important ones (for instance, with this game, "Jump" might be a pretty important keyword :p ) at least 3-4 times in the description. You could just use natural phrases like "Try and jump your ball through the openings and make it as far as you can." and similar phrases to make it look best.

Good luck!

16. impheris

impheris

You are right, I will work more with that, thanks for the advice, I hope you like the game too

MD_Reptile likes this.