Search Unity

Bounces on platforms

Discussion in 'Physics' started by shawndingo, Nov 5, 2018.

1. shawndingo

shawndingo

So i have an infinite runner type 2d game. The 2d platforms are generated next to each other. No gaps. When i run the game i can see the platforms are side by side as should be.. My player is on a bicycle with a circle collider, ive tried box. Every time my player rolls over the connected platforms he bounces. When the speed picks up, he bounces way in the air. I dont get why. There isn't anything for him to bounce off of. I have a rigidbody 2d attached. Any help would be appreciated.

2. shawndingo

shawndingo

3. shawndingo

shawndingo

it seems that my collider is going through the land colliders. I have collision detection on continuous. and extrapolate. Ive tried box colliders and circle. Ive messed with physics tab and no luck. Ive messed with gravity, mass, no luck..

4. shawndingo

shawndingo

Now when i use circle colliders he bounces. Box colliders he gets stuck.. Im lost lol

5. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

i'm not talking from exprience as i'm a 3D developer, only did 2D on Flash.

this issue is a 3D problem too, but i think only 2D has a solution, use edge collider for the terrain, i guess you use box right now?

6. shawndingo

shawndingo

I also tried edge but same result

7. shawndingo

shawndingo

It just seems that the edge collider isnt continuously finding the land collider. It drops below it ever so slightly and then gets stuck.