Search Unity

Question BounceAgent.OnActionReceived(float[])': no suitable method found to override

Discussion in 'ML-Agents' started by SneakySasquatch_, Oct 27, 2022.

1. SneakySasquatch_

SneakySasquatch_

Hello everyone!

Versions:
    ml-agents (python package): 0.28.0
    ml-agents-envs (python package): 0.28.0
    Unity Package Manager package: ML Agents 2.01
    ======================================
    Errors #1:
    Assets\Scripts\BounceAgent.cs(30,25): error CS0115: 'BounceAgent.OnActionReceived(float[])': no suitable method found to override

&

Assets\Scripts\BounceAgent.cs(49,25): error CS0115: 'BounceAgent.Heuristic(float[])': no suitable method found to override
    =========================================================================================
    I understand that this code is deprecated - but when I change it to OnActionReceived(ActionBuffers actions) or Heuristic(in ActionBuffers actionsOut), I get the following error:

Error CS0021 Cannot apply indexing with [] to an expression of type 'ActionBuffers'

This is because I have not declared an array - but when I do declare an array, I get the following errors:

Error CS1503 Argument 1: cannot convert from 'Unity.MLAgents.Actuators.ActionBuffers' to 'float'

&

Error CS0029 Cannot implicitly convert type 'Unity.MLAgents.Actuators.ActionBuffers' to 'float'

&

Error CS0019 Operator '*' cannot be applied to operands of type 'ActionBuffers' and 'ActionBuffers'

I don't know how to change ActionBuffers to a float...(or if that would help)...

I tried downgrading my packages, but after 3 days I ended up getting everything back, so I'm not going to use that option. Here is a screenshot of the problematic code...

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. arthanant47

arthanant47

Hey I had the same problem and what I did to solve it was use this
    public override void OnActionReceived(ActionBuffers actions)
    {
    if (Mathf.FloorToInt(actions.ContinuousActions[0]) == 1)
    {
    Jump();
    }
    }
    I think this is a little incorrect or inefficient as now ActionBuffers also support DiscreteActions, but this is what I did.

3. lycettthomas94

lycettthomas94

you need to do:

var continuousActions = actionBuffers.ContinuousActions;