Search Unity

Bug Both Netcode for GameObjects and Netcode for Entities installed => assembly already exists error

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by CodeSmile, Sep 29, 2022.

1. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Not sure if this is just me but I get these "already exists" errors when I have both Netcode for GameObjects and Netcode for Entities installed in the same project (2022.2.0b8 - new project) because they share assemblies of the same name:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assembly with name 'Unity.Netcode.Editor' already exists (Packages/com.unity.netcode.gameobjects/Editor/com.unity.netcode.editor.asmdef)
    2. Assembly with name 'Unity.Netcode.Editor' already exists (Packages/com.unity.netcode/Editor/Unity.NetCode.Editor.asmdef)
    3. Assembly with name 'Unity.NetCode.EditorTests' already exists (Packages/com.unity.netcode/Tests/Editor/Unity.NetCode.EditorTests.asmdef)
    4. Assembly with name 'Unity.NetCode.EditorTests' already exists (Packages/com.unity.netcode.gameobjects/Tests/Editor/com.unity.netcode.editortests.asmdef)
    upload_2022-9-29_15-4-11.png

Is this not supported, or is it something that will get fixed?

My idea behind this is to test whether certain aspects of Netcode work the same way for both GO and ECS, and possibly writing netcode against a common shared layer so that it works with both Netcode variants (ie to make assets compatible with both).