Search Unity

Question Both Eyes in Render Texture

Discussion in 'VR' started by atmuc, Jun 12, 2022.

1. atmuc

atmuc

When I set a render texture to the VR camera, It renders just the left eye. I use Unity 2021.3, URP, single pass instanced mode. How can I get both eyes or just the right eye in render texture?

2. arfish

arfish

3. atmuc

atmuc

Hi,

Thanks for this info. I didn't know it because it is not exposed to the inspector. I tried all options but the result is the same. I see just the left eye. I couldn't any usage example on the internet about RenderTexture.vrUsage.

4. homoinanis

homoinanis

I have searched a lot on the internet. I can save you time. One day as of this post Unity offers absolutely nothing to get a single render texture with stereoscopic view using Single Instance.

But of course, there is the issue that if you want to make a relatively complex game Single Instance is practically mandatory.

The only solution I have found is also quite simple: use two cameras for each of the eyes of the HMD viewer. So, for each stereoscopic texture that we want, for example a portal, we will have to create two cameras that will track the position of the eyes in a relative way, recording the texture in two render textures that we can assign to each of the textures of a shader that unify in a single vision.

5. atmuc

atmuc

When you use URP, you cannot use a camera for a specific eye.