Search Unity

Booty Hunt

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Glockenbeat, May 9, 2012.

1. Glockenbeat

Glockenbeat

Hey everyone,

Lately I thought it's about time to go public with what I've been working on in the last couple of days and months, and also wanted to show you some media the game which has been released lately.

It's called "Booty Hunt" and will be released on iOS devices - specifically targetting late generations! - in the next couple of weeks, just some more stuff to take care of, like balancing levels and stuff. Android will follow.

It's kind of a PvZ-like Tower Defense game, or rather "Ship Defense", as we are talking about pirates here.

Been working on that since mid of last year, doing all the textures, animations, coding and all on my own. And am finally looking forward to see it online!

Hope you like it!

$PT_Screen_02_12032012_650.png $Screen_07052012_03_650.png $Screen_07052012_04_650.png

edit: Just noticed the first screenshot is from an old version which does e.g. not have any upgrade system included.
    edit2: Screens are taken from Win build, yet the quality settings are exactly the same as on iOS.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  2. Nomad72

Nomad72

Looks interesting... how does it work?

3. Glockenbeat

Glockenbeat

Basically what you see on the right is your ship, which you are supposed to defend by placing defenders on the lanes indicated by the alternating tiles on the ground. Attacker will come rushing from the left and you have to keep them away from your ship.

Each of the defenders has its qualities. There is the usual jack who just fires his rifle at the enemies, there's the sick pirate which infects enemies with a cold (by sneezing at them; uargh ;)) slowing them down in both their movement as well as attack rate, or there the cannoneer which blasts his enemies away but has a low fire rate. And others of course.

Enemies have their special abilities as well. They might be heavily armored, slow but destructive, flying etc.

Your defenders are "paid" with rum. Thus you need to have enough rum to be able to place a new defender. To get more rum, you'll need to place those rum brewers (I know, rum is usually destilled, having them brew rum was mainly a design decision made).

You can also upgrade your defenders once they reached a certain level of experience, e.g. by defeating x enemies. Upgrading them costs as well, but as space is limited the additional speed and fire power will come in quite handy.

Currently I've built 5 different scenes, each of them carrying 8 levels with increasing difficulty and different amount of lanes.

Oh and by the way, it doesn't have a true story, yet there's always an explanation for how a ship could end up in e.g. a desert. ;)

4. Meltdown

Meltdown

Looks pretty good. Good luck with it.

5. tinman

tinman

Well done!!! You said you did it ALL on your own? That's impressive! Have you been working on it full time?

6. Glockenbeat

Glockenbeat

Nope, long hours in the evening after the usual work and other projects - plus enjoying free time. Not easy to manage. ;)

But I must admit - not everything is done by me. I'm planning on releasing it in English, German, Spanish, Portuguese and French, possibly Italian. Yet I myself do only speak the minority of those languages. Good thing is some of my friends cover the rest.

Also most of the sounds are taken from sound libraries - would have been simply too much to make the sound design as well.

But the rest, yepp, 9 months of hard work.

And also thanks for the thumbs up! I hope it'll at least cover some of the pennies I invested.

7. Torsh

Torsh

Congratulations on all the hard work. Looks good.