Search Unity

Book to learn C# unity 2D

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by pommerose94, Jan 20, 2020.

1. pommerose94

pommerose94

I am searching for a book to learn C# for unity 2D. When I search on google "book to learn C# for unity 2D" i only find books for 3D. I don't want a book to create game, just to learn C# basics( but complete)
    please. Find one ;)

2. Owen-Reynolds

Owen-Reynolds

That's like searching for "buying a car to drive to the beach on Tuesdays".

C# is a general purpose language, Unity uses it in the normal way, and most languages are pretty similar. You could get even a Java book that covers variable types, changing them, using variables to remember things; if's, nested-if's, using ifs and variables to solve problems, lists and arrays and how to use a loop to travel through them to find the one you want; making a simple class; using a list of classes and why that's a very natural thing; "reference" types and how they act as pointers; functions, return values, parameters; math functions vs. "procedure" functions that do things.

Those are all topics common to any computer language which can be be used to make just about anything in Unity.

The other common route is just to borrow stuff, and barely learn programming. The secrete is to know you don't know it. If you find some 2D code which is 90% of what you wanted, take it, and realize a "small change" requires more programming skill than you want to learn right now. That lets you play with sprites and level design and so on.