Search Unity

Official Book of the Dead: Environment

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by torbjorn, Jun 20, 2018.

1. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Personally I don't know, maybe someone from the community does. However, the assets are not authored for use with SpeedTree shaders in mind.

Liminal-Ridges likes this.
  2. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

That is correct.

3. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

Yes, you are able to use Asset Store products, including Book of the Dead, in a movie. The "interactive" wording was recently removed from our terms, so a traditional digital movie allowed.

chelnok likes this.
  4. weyseal

weyseal

I have a Macbook Pro 2014. I imported all the assets into a new project but nothing is being rendered. I guess my computer isn't supported, right?

5. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

A copy of your editor log would help investigate. https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html

6. weyseal

weyseal

7. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

By looking at the logfile, it looks like your computer should be able to run the package.

The project does, however, not run on 2018.2 beta6. A final build of 18.2 is required, and since you're on macOS you'll be wanting to get a recent one like 2018.2.10+. So upgrading that is a good first step.

(It also looks like there was a lightmap bake started? if you tried to rebake any of the provided scenes you might want to re-import the scenes and lighting data from the project package)

8. weyseal

weyseal

Thanks @torbjorn, I'll work on these later today. I've now deleted the gist because it contained my email address and possible other personal data.

9. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @torbjorn !!!! Are there plans to solve the problem that the Play can not be executed in the Unity editor under Windows 7? or is it something Unity should fix?

Because I remember that with the beta version and the original version of Book of Dead if it worked under Windows 7

regards

10. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

ftejada likes this.
  11. YousofAlgburi

YousofAlgburi

Is There a way to implement the first person character in a HDRP separate project? I've made it pretty far, but then it keeps saying name space "hapki" could not be found. Keep in mind that i Implemented "HapkiLibs"

12. KnifeDagger

KnifeDagger

So I recently downloaded this asset, and love it but came to two main issues.
    1. I can change the skybox, when ever I try adding a new one it instantly goes back to the old one and I've tried looking for the problem but can't seem to change it without other things getting ruined

2. I can't really seem to find a good way just get the environment models and materials without errors

If anyone could help me that would be great and I'm sorry if the solutions are simple, I'm still new and am grateful for the support.

13. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

Please, I'd like to know this as well!

14. bob7777

bob7777

I just imported the project .. and no matter what I do I can not view it .. what am I doing wrong?

Attached Files:

• pr3.PNG
      pr3.PNG
      File size:
      714.8 KB
      Views:
    • pr2d.PNG
      pr2d.PNG
      File size:
      103.6 KB
      Views:
    • pr1d.PNG
      pr1d.PNG
      File size:
      345 KB
      Views:
  15. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

What do you get if you go Tools->Load Book of the Dead: Environment?

16. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

1. HDRP overrides the skybox material so you can't set that manually in lighting settings. The visual sky in this project is set by the AtmosphericScattering object, though (see towards the bottom)

2. Which errors are you experiencing? Generally speaking they should just-work if you export them from this project to a unity package and then import them in a different HDRP project (leave out all code/shader dependencies).

17. afterwise_

afterwise_

Unity Technologies

If you have copied everything from the original project, make sure the asmdef dependencies are set up correctly in Gameplay.asmdef (make sure it matches the one from the original project). The "references" list should include Hapki.Interpolation and Hapki.Solvers.

18. Lakwena

Lakwena

When I try to import it from asset store it says, "Nothing to Import! All assets from this package are already in our project". I started on a new project but it still says that. I am using unity 2018.2.0

19. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Do you have an editor log file from such a failed import attempt? (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html)

20. NapalmRain

NapalmRain

Hello!
    I created new empty project. Go to Asset Store and imported Book of the Dead: Environment
    When Unity was started i got Error:
    'Min' is an ambiguous reference between 'UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.MinAttribute' and 'UnityEngine.MinAttribute'

Ok, it's not a problem, i just change it

[Min(0.1f)]
    public float focusDistanceWalk = 10f;

to
    [UnityEngine.Min(0.1f)]
    public float focusDistanceWalk = 10f;

But then i opened simple scene and get new Error:

Assets\Code\QualitySelector.cs(14,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'LayerCulling' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

And very many warning, and that what i see in Scene:

I apologize, maybe i wrong, but i thing it's not seriously. Book of the Dead called like TUTORIAL project.
    Well, now this is very good tutorial How to fix legacy bugs.

21. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

It wouldn't hurt to have a little more information.. like a log file, or at least an image of the entire editor. But it sounds like you might be using a 2018.3 beta build? The project works with 2018.2.xf, and won't be upgraded to 18.3 while it's still in beta.

22. YuriyPopov

YuriyPopov

Hi again,
    So I finally got around to doing this. I ported all relevant methods and callback attributes. Meaning I managed to get the atmospheric scattering to compile. Then I add the proper shader to the big bad sphere and add the component to a gameobject and the scaterring sun component to my directional light but nothing seems to happen. Any idea what I might be missing ?

23. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Did you add AtmosphericScatteringDeferred to your camera?

24. YuriyPopov

YuriyPopov

Yes and I copied all other settings l8ke the clear flags etc.

25. AdamLacko

AdamLacko

If I may ask, is there any way to, sort of, "port" customized vertex animation (wind effect) part of Book of the Dead HDRPLit shader into HDRP version 4.x.x? Or is there something that does not allow this at all?

26. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Maybe share a repro?

27. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Nothing prevents it. Try searching the code for blocks tagged
    Added vertex animation
    and
    Tree occlusion

28. YuriyPopov

YuriyPopov

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  29. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Just push it alongside the project and reference it in the project using the
    file:
    scheme

30. YuriyPopov

YuriyPopov

Ah yes I Pushed it alongside the project but forgot the reference. Hold on.

Edit:
    Should be fine now.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  31. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

So the main problem is that you're not actually registering or invoking any of the custom callbacks. You need the
    HDRPCallbackAttribute.ConfigureAllLoadedCallbacks()
    call to register the callbacks, and then you need to actually invoke the callbacks at suitable places during the frame. Look for
    OnBeforeCameraCull, OnPrepareCamera, OnBeforeForwardOpaque
    in BotD HDRenderPipeline.cs. In addition, you should disable sky/fog in the scene settings visual environment.

32. StarvingFoxStd

StarvingFoxStd

Yes it's all fresh, and i'm always getting the same errors again and again about kernels and so

33. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Do you have an editor log file to share?

34. YuriyPopov

YuriyPopov

35. the_gaffer

the_gaffer

Hi!

I keep getting the error "[14:47:16] Platform Mac OSX 10.13.6 with device OpenGLCore is not supported, no rendering will occur"
    and believe it or not it won't render.

I'm running an Early 2011 MacBook Pro, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

36. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

HDRP doesn't support OpenGL. Is there a reason your editor is running OGL instead of Metal?

37. Javi89sv

Javi89sv

hi all,

I have this problem when I try descompress the asset

Attached Files:

38. the_gaffer

the_gaffer

Hmmm... I don't know how to switch from OpenGL to Metal. How would I do that? When I open up Project Settings PlayerSettings the "Graphics APIs for Mac" are set to Metal. I don't know if that means anything...
    Thanks so much for the help!

39. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

40. Javi89sv

Javi89sv

Attached Files:

41. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Thanks. So this is one is a bit tricky because the error message Unity log is fairly generic.

There's a number of reasons unpacking the downloaded package could fail. On windows, this is a fairly common one:

HDRP contains some really long path names that can cause the package to not import properly into projects located in deep folder hierarchies. If you encounter this error message while importing the package, please try moving the project you're importing into closer to the root of your drive and import the package again.

But it could also be that your temp folder (which presumably lives somewhere on your C drive) runs out of space while decompressing.

Or that the downloaded file is somehow damaged or corrupt (if you don't want to just re-download it you can test the integrity of the downloaded file by opening the unity package in 7-zip and running the test command on it "%AppData%\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\Unity Technologies\Unity EssentialsSample Projects\Book Of The Dead Environment.unitypackage").

42. the_gaffer

the_gaffer

Attached Files:

43. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

44. Grinchi

Grinchi

Hello guys :) I have problem with HDRP + Book of dead. i am using unity 2018.2.6 and when i import book of dead in HDRP project nothing is visible and all other asset are disappeared too. has anyone faced this kind of problem ?

45. kaarme

kaarme

Okay, I've given up on trying to make this work. I've tried on multiple versions but it will not render anything and shows a lot of errors that are not even consistent except for
    ArgumentException: Kernel 'KMainTopRight' not found. UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.TexturePadding..ctor (UnityEngine.ComputeShader cs) (at /AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/ com.unity.render-pipelines.core@2.0.6-preview/CoreRP/CoreResources/TexturePadding.cs:20)

46. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Hi. AFAIK your 6750M GPU doesn't have Metal drivers available, so I'm afraid you're out of luck when it comes to that particular computer and anything-HDRP :(

47. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

neoshaman likes this.
  48. the_gaffer

the_gaffer

Shucks! Thanks for helping me out!
    I just picked up a used MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012) hoping it could run BOTD.
    I'm getting the alert "Metal: Compute shader (ComputeGgxIblSampleData.ComputeGgxIblSampleData) has 534 threads in a threadgroup which is more than the supported max of 512 in this device"
    Does this mean I can't run it on this computer either? Here is the log file.
    Thank you so much!

Attached Files:

49. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Hi, this is currently a shortcoming in HDRP. I'm talking to the team about getting it fixed, but such a fix is unlikely to be backported to 18.2, it would be targeting 18.3 (and as such an 18.3 refresh of the BotD project).

the_gaffer likes this.
  50. KetovJann

KetovJann

Hello.
    Has anyone encountered this problem? Red shimmering squares. It appears both in the editor mode and in the assembled solution.
    I am completely disappointed.
    In addition, it was possible to launch this asset only in version 2018.2.16f1.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views: