Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Book of the Dead: Environment

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by torbjorn, Jun 20, 2018.

1. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Personally I don't know, maybe someone from the community does. However, the assets are not authored for use with SpeedTree shaders in mind.

VavylonaEntertainment likes this.
  2. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

That is correct.

3. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

Yes, you are able to use Asset Store products, including Book of the Dead, in a movie. The "interactive" wording was recently removed from our terms, so a traditional digital movie allowed.

4. weyseal

weyseal

I have a Macbook Pro 2014. I imported all the assets into a new project but nothing is being rendered. I guess my computer isn't supported, right?

5. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

A copy of your editor log would help investigate. https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html

6. weyseal

weyseal

7. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

By looking at the logfile, it looks like your computer should be able to run the package.

The project does, however, not run on 2018.2 beta6. A final build of 18.2 is required, and since you're on macOS you'll be wanting to get a recent one like 2018.2.10+. So upgrading that is a good first step.

(It also looks like there was a lightmap bake started? if you tried to rebake any of the provided scenes you might want to re-import the scenes and lighting data from the project package)

8. weyseal

weyseal

Thanks @torbjorn, I'll work on these later today. I've now deleted the gist because it contained my email address and possible other personal data.

9. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @torbjorn !!!! Are there plans to solve the problem that the Play can not be executed in the Unity editor under Windows 7? or is it something Unity should fix?

Because I remember that with the beta version and the original version of Book of Dead if it worked under Windows 7

regards

10. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

ftejada likes this.
  11. yosefgabar49

yosefgabar49

Is There a way to implement the first person character in a HDRP separate project? I've made it pretty far, but then it keeps saying name space "hapki" could not be found. Keep in mind that i Implemented "HapkiLibs"

12. KnifeDagger

KnifeDagger

So I recently downloaded this asset, and love it but came to two main issues.
    1. I can change the skybox, when ever I try adding a new one it instantly goes back to the old one and I've tried looking for the problem but can't seem to change it without other things getting ruined

2. I can't really seem to find a good way just get the environment models and materials without errors

If anyone could help me that would be great and I'm sorry if the solutions are simple, I'm still new and am grateful for the support.

13. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

Please, I'd like to know this as well!

14. bob7777

bob7777

I just imported the project .. and no matter what I do I can not view it .. what am I doing wrong?

Attached Files:

15. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

What do you get if you go Tools->Load Book of the Dead: Environment?

16. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

1. HDRP overrides the skybox material so you can't set that manually in lighting settings. The visual sky in this project is set by the AtmosphericScattering object, though (see towards the bottom)

2. Which errors are you experiencing? Generally speaking they should just-work if you export them from this project to a unity package and then import them in a different HDRP project (leave out all code/shader dependencies).

17. afterwise_

afterwise_

Unity Technologies

If you have copied everything from the original project, make sure the asmdef dependencies are set up correctly in Gameplay.asmdef (make sure it matches the one from the original project). The "references" list should include Hapki.Interpolation and Hapki.Solvers.

18. Lakwena

Lakwena

When I try to import it from asset store it says, "Nothing to Import! All assets from this package are already in our project". I started on a new project but it still says that. I am using unity 2018.2.0