Search Unity

Official Book of the Dead: Environment

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by torbjorn, Jun 20, 2018.

1. digifanter

digifanter

Hi, i imported the pack in an empty project without errors. But cant find any models, terrain but only an empty scene. See the picture, that are the only project files.

Attached Files:

2. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Most likely not. It hasn't been tested specifically on Linux, and HDRP doesn't seem to run too well on Linux yet either.

3. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Could you please attach your editor log from the import? (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html)

4. AaronC

AaronC

I have a hybrid scene going of my own content plus this demo.
    Something in the code somewhere is setting my MainCamera trans/rot to Vector3.zero
    Please can I have a tip for commenting that out? I'm sure it's not my code..

Thanks

5. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

There's a couple of candidates depending on how much you've kept. Try searching for
    localPosition = Vector3.zero

6. ftejada

ftejada

Hi!!!

I have a problem and I do not know how to fix it ... I use Unity 2018.2.0f2 and the latest version of Book of Dead from the Asset Store (1.1)

I import the asset and everything is correct. But when I give the play to the Unity editor, Unity Crash always.

My project is clean, it only has this asset ... I have tried to create another new project without anything and imported the asset and the same problem happens to me ...

My PC problems do not think it is because it is an i7, 32gb ram, Nvidia Gtx 690, etc ...
    Also version 1.0 of this asset under Unity 2018 beta if I ran perfectly.

I'm missing some configuration or do I have to configure something in a specific way to make it work?

Can someone help me solve this problem?

regards

7. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Are you running win7?

8. ftejada

ftejada

Yes @torbjorn

9. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

There's an engine crash in the SRP batching code that only triggers on Win7. The issue has already been fixed, but I'm not sure if it has made it into a patch release yet (but it wouldn't hurt to check in 2018.2.8).

In the mean time you can avoid the crash by finding and deleting
    SRPBatcher.cs
    (though at the cost of reduced runtime performance).

ftejada likes this.
  10. sistematix

sistematix

how to make this compatible with VR settings? i'm using Vive, GTX 1070

11. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

You won’t be able to do that until later in the 2018.3 cycle.

12. ftejada

ftejada

@torbjorn Still failing in Unity 2018.2.8

So it will be time to wait until they fix the bug so as not to reduce performance when deleting the SRPBatcher.cs

a greeting

13. ducker29

ducker29

hi, Im trying to setup night scene instead daylight. Turn off the big bad sphere which set instead the sky. Turn on visual environment and procedural sky in scene volume settings. But the result is strange. How can i setup a procedural night sky? help pls 2018-09-24_22-32-49.png

14. miniduck

miniduck

Hello
    When will we be able to import this into a HDRP project instead of relying on the customized version?
    Thank you

15. Ghatanothoa

Ghatanothoa

I have the same problem like ftejada. I cannot run the environment. Everything was installed and imported fine and without any errors into a new project. But as soon as I hit the 'Play' button it shows 'Loading..." and then Unity Editor completely crashes. I have Windows 7 SP1 and the latest Unity version 2018.2.9 installed. There's also no SRPBatcher.cs file in this version, so I cannot delete it. There's only a file called EnableSRPBatcher.cs.

Please, I need help!

ftejada likes this.
  16. Ghatanothoa

Ghatanothoa

Ok, I deleted the EnableSRPBatcher.cs and it works now! :)

But there is a further issue. How can I play the environment in fullscreen mode? It is only displayed in the Unity program window. 'Maximize on Play' doesn't help. It still runs windowed.

17. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

"Kinda", but you will only get features offered by the official HD pipe, which will make the content look quite different.

18. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

You can't play fullscreen in the editor. You have to build and launch a standalone player, see "Tools->Build Player->" for various build options (note this will take a while the first time you do it).

19. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

clearColorMode
    in
    HDAdditionalCameraData
    needs to be set to
    Sky

20. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

21. Howzer

Howzer

Hi, is it possible to get 4k textures for the assets from BOD?

hungrybelome likes this.
  22. lucasw89

lucasw89

Hey, I am trying to load up BotD in my Unity client. It seems really awesome, however i get the following error messages:

Assets/Features/DepthOfFieldAutoFocus/DepthOfFieldAutoFocus.cs(53,6): error CS0104: `MinAttribute' is an ambiguous reference between `UnityEngine.MinAttribute' and `UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.MinAttribute'
    Assets/Features/DepthOfFieldAutoFocus/DepthOfFieldAutoFocus.cs(57,6): error CS0104: `MinAttribute' is an ambiguous reference between `UnityEngine.MinAttribute' and `UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.MinAttribute'
    Kernel 'KMainTopRight' not found
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    ArgumentException: Kernel 'KMainTopRight' not found.
    UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.TexturePadding..ctor (UnityEngine.ComputeShader cs) (at Assets/_LocalPackages/botd.com.unity.render-pipelines.core/CoreRP/CoreResources/TexturePadding.cs:20)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline..ctor (UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipelineAsset asset) (at Assets/_LocalPackages/botd.com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/HDRP/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:232)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipelineAsset.InternalCreatePipeline () (at Assets/_LocalPackages/botd.com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/HDRP/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipelineAsset.cs:17)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset.CreatePipeline () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/RenderPipeline/RenderPipelineAsset.cs:19)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager.PrepareRenderPipeline (IRenderPipelineAsset pipe) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/RenderPipeline/RenderPipelineManager.cs:55)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager.DoRenderLoop_Internal (IRenderPipelineAsset pipe, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras, IntPtr loopPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/RenderPipeline/RenderPipelineManager.cs:28)

I'm using unity 20138.3.0b2. I've tried opening with the official latest release of unity 2018, and tried reimporting _localPackages. I cannot start the environment in the Tools bar. I'm really lost, and would be glad if anyone could help me.

Thanks to any and all who read this, may you all have a very nice day :)

23. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Hi, the project doesn't yet support 2018.3b. If you've upgraded the project to 18.3, the safest way to get it working in 18.2 would be to create a new project and reimport the BotD:E package from scratch.

24. StarvingFoxStd

StarvingFoxStd

Did not solve the problem for me :/ I'm using Unity 2018.2.9f1, reimporting did not solve these errors

25. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

It depends a bit on which state you're re-importing from... did you have the exact same errors? Are the errors from a fresh package install?

26. YousofAlgburi

YousofAlgburi

Is there a way to change the sky box?

27. Howzer

Howzer

Hi, are there plans for book of the dead project to be updated to the current HDRP version when the pipeline is officially released?

28. Fallenleader

Fallenleader

@torbjorn I followed instructions to a tee. New project set as 3d (not HDRP). Right off the bat, I was presented with a conflict error. This was easily resolved by changing
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [Min(0.1f)]
    to
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.Min(0.1f)]
    2.     public float focusDistanceWalk = 10f;
    3.     [Range(0.05f, 32f)]
    4.     public float apertureWalk = 5.6f;
    (and the one for run as well)
    on both in DepthOfFieldAutoFocus.cs

While this resolves the immediate issue, I am presented with one more on runtime that breaks me from truly poking around the scene. I can use the auto cam to view things, but I get an error of
    Code (CSharp):
    2. Missing player prefab
    3. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    4. Gameplay.<SpawnPlayerCo>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at Assets/Features/Gameplay/Code/GameController.cs:89)
    5. UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    6. Gameplay.GameController:SpawnPlayer(SpawnPoint, Boolean, Boolean) (at Assets/Features/Gameplay/Code/GameController.cs:77)
    7. Gameplay.GameController:SpawnPlayer(Boolean, Boolean) (at Assets/Features/Gameplay/Code/GameController.cs:73)
    8. <Start>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at Assets/Code/MultiSceneController.cs:103)
    9. UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
    No clue why honestly.
    Unity 2018.3b3. While this version of Unity is beta, I get the same issue in 2018.2.8f1
    This isn't breaking or anything, because I still have to rig up & animate my models, get it working with UFPS, and get some simple uNet code going to make a cool little Endor like map to blast some rebel scum on showing off what Unity is truly capable of and to have a fun little party game to enjoy with my friends where I can brag about what you guys did and what I was able to do. I was hoping to be able to poke around a bit before that to get an idea of what I might meed to alter, or at least what props I could add to it to make it pop out even more ;)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  29. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

You can change the skybox in the atmospheric scattering component.

30. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

"Maybe". Most likely, but it depends on how far it has diverged at that point from the feature set BotD depends on.

31. AdamLacko

AdamLacko

@torbjorn If I may ask, will the Book of the Dead demo be supporting Unity 2018.3b or at least final 2018.3 after its release? For I have been using many elements, such as post-processing settings or customized Lit shader with vertex animations and many others, from this demo in my work and achieved exactly what I was after in terms of graphic presentation, however I have been missing terrain shader in HDRP (and the workaround with LayeredLit shader was not enough for it supported only 4 textures) which halted my work for some time. With SRP version 4.0.0 released few days ago, TerrainLit shader finally appeared. However, I can not get the Book of the Dead demo to work in 2018.3b nor can I use SRP 4.0.0 or TerrainLit shader alone in any 2018.2 releases. I would be grateful for any info. Thank you

32. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

So 18.3b is not supported yet, you're kind of on your own there for now. In 2018.2 you shouldn't be running into any problems - including those Min issues and the prefab spawn issues. I recently verified that the project still works as expected in 2018.2.10f1, so it'd be great to see some log files of your issues.

33. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Yes, it will be upgraded to work with 2018.3, but we can't make any promises on exactly when that will happen. Might be later in the beta cycle, or after the official release.

AdamLacko likes this.
  34. matheosx

matheosx

Addition to that If I want to use Unity (Free) just for making a movie (not games), and I want also to use Unity asset in that movie, am I allowed to do any of that? (especially content such as Book Of Dead, and what about the whole game as it is, as a scenery for some movie scenario)? Any comment on this subject in general and specifically, along with these answers from Unity? 1.jpg 2.jpg

35. Deleted User

Deleted User

The screen doesn't show any environment and I have this error message:
    CommandBuffer: temporary render texture not found while executing (SetRenderTarget)

How can I fix this? I'm using Mac with version 2.10f1 Personal.

torbjorn likes this.
  36. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Please attach an editor log file.

37. Deleted User

Deleted User

Transform has 'ReflectionProbeAnchorManager::kChangeSystem' change interests present when destroying the hierarchy. Interests must be deregistered in Deactivate.

Transform has 'ReflectionProbeAnchorManager::kHierarchyChangeSystem' hierarchy interests present when destroying the hierarchy. Interests must be deregistered in Deactivate.

Attached Files:

38. Deleted User

Deleted User

I tried with another PC and this is the editor log:

thumbnail.png

39. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

40. Deleted User

Deleted User

I got that fixed. It seems my pc just needs sometime to deal with the graphics. Sorry about the confusion and thanks for the reply. However, there's a new issue regarding to the environment.

I have a character which works fine when I'm not using "Book of the dead" but once I import the character in it, the character turns to pink. I tried to drag and drop the texture to the object (can't do it) or remap the texture of the shader (didn't work) or create a new material and map with the texture (didn't work as same as the remapping). Could you help me out with this issue?

002.PNG 001.PNG

41. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Glad you got that working! The "Standard" shader is not compatible with HDRP, you should take a look at using "HDRenderPipeline/Lit" instead, which is roughly the "standard of hdrp".

42. Deleted User

Deleted User

43. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

44. Deleted User

Deleted User

I haven't tried your solution but it seems working except the head lol The select the all dependencies of the head, and I change the texture to all of them but it seems not working... (DefaultHDMaterial is part of the asset of Book of the Dead)

屏幕截图(5).png

45. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

I'm gonna assume that by texture you actually mean shader. Are you 100% certain the head is using Lit shader for all materials? (tip: You can use Unity's Frame Debugger to identify objects that are drawn with an incorrect shader. Alternatively you can go to GraphicsSettings and un-assign HDRP and if the face shows up that means it's still using a legacy shader)

46. adndima

adndima

In this agreement there is no information in which engine I can use assets.

47. Naisam

Naisam

Please help me.

Attached Files:

48. Naisam

Naisam

Please Help Me!!!!

Attached Files:

49. Liminal-Ridges

Liminal-Ridges

The pines needles are black. Shader used is speedtree -> leaves mode. How do i fix that?

50. torbjorn

torbjorn

Unity Technologies

Use Unity 2018.2