Search Unity

Booh and Babbot and The Haunted House of Dracula

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by gposchman, Jan 19, 2012.

1. gposchman

gposchman

I have been working on a new game called Booh and Babbot in the Haunted House of Dracula for almost a year. My initial work was in the design of the game and developing the story line and the back story to the game. The game itself has gone through several iterations. It started out as a casual maze game, but I couldn't get the engine I was working with to give me the proper perspective.

Then I looked into making it a hidden object adventure game, but getting the art work and the hidden object elements in proper perspective became an issue for me. I started looking into making an adventure game, but I couldn't get the artwork to function properly with 3d depth with a 2d engine. It wasn't the limitation of the engine, it was mine.

I met a young man named Jeffery, who was taking video game development at a local community college, and he suggested I look at Unity 3D.

I started playing adventure games when Sierra Online created their King's Quest series. I loved the sense of wonder that video was bringing to the text adventure game. For me that had been missing. Unity 3D brought back that sense of wonder. No longer was it a flat world of 2d images simulating a 3D world, but a real 3D world that could be explored. I was now in a position to take inadequate concept art and expand it into a fascinating 3D world. Additionally I discovered 3D artwork that was available at reasonable prices that fit into my genre of 30's 40's Film Noir humor horror that reflected Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein but in color and a clearly different story line.

As I have been moving forward, I realized that I would need additional support to complete the game in Unity 3D. I need about 9 more months of full time activity dedicated to get the game off the ground at the level of professionalism it deserves. To this end I have launched a Kick Starter project to get the funds necessary to complete my game.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/genep/booh-and-babbot-in-a-3d-adventure-game

I have included screen shots from the Unity 3D game under development along with some of my concept art and links for more information about the game and story. I have included a link to my Kick Starter project and my Kick Starter video. I am looking for help to get the Kick Starter link passed about the internet, and for donations.

http://renaissanceplayer.com/imageInventory/Characters/KickStarter102.mp4

Additionally I am looking for voice actors, and anyone willing to help. Any support will be recognized with a line credit in the game and hopefully more.

Please share my story. Thank You

Gene

2. gposchman

gposchman