Search Unity

Boo?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Toxic Blob, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Toxic Blob

Toxic Blob

So I'm midway through the development of an iPad game using JavaScript. I started learning JavaScript in Unity as most of the code examples are in JS. Now that I'm understanding Unity, their 3.0 documentation has examples with all three languages, and game programming is making more and more sense I find myself looking enviously over at Boo. No need for semicolons, easy indentation rules, etc... So I'm thinking my next iOS game could be done in Boo. Yet I don't read much about people developing with it. UnityAnswers seems to be mostly JavaScript with some C#. Is it just the glut of JavaScript examples that tempts people (as it did for me) into JS?

Or... is there a bigger reason NOT to use Boo for iOS development??

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

check if its working now, with Unity iPhone 1.x it was not possible to use it at all

other than that there would be no reason as the rest is same performance etc especially if you keep in mind that UnityScript relies on boo for its stuff :)

3. Toxic Blob

Toxic Blob

I guess as I always see Boo.Lang.dll.s in XCode I had thought it was now supported. But from Unity License Comparison I see... 1. Scripting with Boo is not supported for Android nor for iOS content development.

4. Dreamora

Dreamora

As mentioned, unityscript bases on it, so the boo lang dll was always present.
    actually even if you don't use unityscript or boo its present but then its 0 bytes