Search Unity

Bonus score

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by SparrowGS, Dec 16, 2018.

1. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

Hey, so the game I'm doing right now is an arena team death match with each team being made up of tanks (robot-wars style, but with ranged weapons)

at the end of the match i give out bonus scores and i'm having a hard time thinking of things to consider..
    what i have so far is this:
    - Most kills per team
    - Most kills per tank
    - Most damage per team
    - Most damage per tank
    - Order of elimination

Does anybody have any idea as to what should give a bonus?

If i wasn't clear enough on the game, please say so and i'll elaborate, but the basic idea is quite simple..

I was thinking of something along the lines of "crowd appeal" but how would you go about calculating something like that? i suppose damage would factor in, but it's not enough on it's own..

2. Some random thoughts if you can record some statistics during the battle:
    - most shot missiles
    - most missed target (shot missles / hit)
    - most avoided missile (if it just missed the tank)
    - maybe you can give out "Dodgem" award (most collisions with other vehicles or environment)
    - maybe you can hand out "lone wolf" award (the highest distance from the others on average)
    - if you can record who sees whom and when and it's appropriate you can give a "ninja" award to the tank which seen the least during combat (if you can hide behind environment)

Edit
    I would go along with the "parry" if the tank dodged a missile but hit in the next few seconds, add some appeal score.
    If the tank got hit, but destroyed the enemy in the next N seconds, also add some appeal score.
    At the end, the most appeal score gets the award. Something like this.

SparrowGS likes this.
  3. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

I like that, highest accuracy (shots hit/shots fired).
    right now there are only ranged weapons but i'm planning on adding melee soon so i'll have two categories, highest melee damaged and highest ranged damage.

4. newjerseyrunner

newjerseyrunner

Assists - people who did a lot of damage but didn’t necessarily take the kill shot
    Spree - how many kills you had in a row without dying
    Rampage - how many kills you got within a few seconds of each other

5. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

Assist - Most of the base score you get is from damage done, kills give you a bonus relative to how much you team killed and how much your base score is.
    so if you have a lot of kills but you barely did any damage your bonus is gonna be squat, if you did a lot of damage and got a lot of kills you get a huge bonus.

Spree - there is no respawn in a match so...

Rampage - might be a fun addition, taken into consideration.