Search Unity

Bones (?) moving in Unity that weren't moving in 3DS Max

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Fennec_Fyre, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Fennec_Fyre

Fennec_Fyre

I'm trying to create a simple 2.5D platformer (3D models for characters, 2D assets for environment) and I'm currently trying to create an alpha build with the very basics. I created a deer model to serve as the player character in 3DSMax, it has been fully modeled, textured, and animated. Now I'm trying to get it working in the Unity engine itself.

I'm currently having a lot of problems, one of which appears to be with the animations that were imported along with the model. In 3DS Max, the model generally behaves how I want it to. In Unity, however, when I go to the "Animaton" tab in the Inspector window and review each animation on the timeline, I notice that the model's feet are wiggling back and forth. An example of this would be in its idle pose, where the feet are supposed to stay planted in place but don't. I double-checked in Max and it's not doing that there, so I'm trying to figure out where the disconnect is and how to fix it. I used a CAT rig in Max, and I can provide screenshots, though I'm not sure what would be helpful.

Any advice is appreciated.

2. enblomquist

enblomquist

Try turning off animation compression and uncheck the retarget animation box. Those should fix the issues!

Fennec_Fyre likes this.
  3. Fennec_Fyre

Fennec_Fyre

That fixed my problem, thank you so much!

4. enblomquist

enblomquist

You're welcome! That used to drive me bonkers! :)