Search Unity

Resolved Bolt won't install

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by Raghuraj007, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Raghuraj007

Raghuraj007

Hi everybody. Installed the latest version of Unity and Bolt in my laptop but bolt won't install and I keep getting this error message.

Timeout while updating assemblies:Assets/Ludiq/Assemblies/Ludiq.Core.Runtime.dll (Output: C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp329622d6.tmp)

How do I solve this problem. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

hillaryobatavwe likes this.
  2. ericb_unity

ericb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Have you installed Bolt in your project before getting the latest version of Bolt?
    What is the version of your editor?
    Did you used the package manager or the Asset store to install Bolt?
    Also, make sure you are not running out of disk space.

3. Raghuraj007

Raghuraj007

Unity Log.jpg My version of unity is 2019.4.19f1. I installed the latest version of bolt from the asset store. After I installed Bolt the installation wizard didn't open up automatically. When unity was restarted the tools section showed up but none of the options opened up anything. Also the graph window wouldn't open up. When I added a flow graph to an object bolt threw a whole bunch of errors - 90 in fact. What am I doing wrong ???

Bolt doesn't show up in the package manager and I have about 10 GB of disc space and 8 GB RAM

4. RohitMoni

RohitMoni

Unity Technologies

Hi Raghuraj, it looks like something went wrong in the initial installation. Is hard to debug it remotely but if this is a fresh project could you try re-installing it? See steps below:

Note: If this isn't a fresh project, don't do this. Let us know.

1. Go to your project on your computer, open up the "Assets" directory and make sure you delete the `Ludiq`, `Install Bolt` and `Bolt.Generated` folders inside if they exist.
    2. Open your project in Unity and see if things work (without Bolt). Should be no errors, should be able to load a scene and enter play mode, etc.
    3. Open the package manager (Window -> Package Manager). Click on the drop down near the top left and click on "My Assets". Navigate to Bolt (you might need to click on Load near the bottom if you have lots of assets). and then click on "Import" near the bottom right hand side of the window.
    4. Once Bolt is finished importing, you should now have a "Tools" option in the top menu bar. You can close the package manager window and click on Tools -> Install Bolt. Wait for Bolt to finish installing.
    5. The Bolt Setup Wizard should open automatically and guide you through the setup process.
    6. Once complete, try creating a new Bolt asset (Right click in the Project and make a new Bolt flow/script graph).

5. Raghuraj007

Raghuraj007

Problem solved. Thanks for the input Rohit. The latest version of Unity simply WILL NOT install on windows 7. Keeps throwing up blank errors on the console and a lot of guys are having issues sorting this out. Upgrading to win 10 solved everything. Thanks again guys.

RohitMoni and ericb_unity like this.
  6. RohitMoni

RohitMoni

Unity Technologies

Hi Raghuraj,

Thanks for the update. Unity does support Windows 7, but it looks like you had issues getting it to work. If you remember / know which version of Windows 7 you were using, would appreciate it if you could file a bug for it so that our editor teams can take a look at it. Thanks!

7. Merpsarecute

Merpsarecute

hmm for me it installs but dosent work.
    it says: Cannot add menu item 'GameObject/Scene Variables for method EditorVariablesUtility.MenuCommand because a menu item with the same name already exists. and Failed to fetch saved variables from player prefs: System.CastExpection: Specified cast is not valid.

8. hillaryobatavwe

hillaryobatavwe

Same thing happening to me too
    Fixed yours? If yes how
    Please

9. Thunderstorz

Thunderstorz

Bolt wont generate

I can't get to the finish on the setup wizard

WettyWhenYouAre likes this.
  10. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

Bolt is not supported past Unity 2020. From Unity 2021 and onwards, you're supposed to switch to Unity Visual Scripting.

11. Thunderstorz

Thunderstorz

Thanks for thee advice Patheneye, Very cool.:cool:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
  12. vertexx

vertexx

..and you can bet your life that Unity Visual Scripting won't be working or supported on Unity 2023.xxx.
    Much less time wasted by using the Thunderstorz method of learning to code!!
    "Gameflow" and "The Adventure Toolkit" are very good alternatives to the messy workflows of Unity Visual stuff.