Search Unity

Question Bolt Script Graph stuck in Human Naming

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by Alzzarla, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Alzzarla

Alzzarla

As the title says my script graph is stuck in human naming, even after using the setup wizard, regenerating units, and starting fresh projects multiple times. I can change the flow chart to human naming, but not the script graph to programmer naming no matter what I do.
    Have I missed something?

2. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

Did you try checking out the Human Naming checkbox in Project Settings/Visual Scripting?

Alzzarla likes this.
  3. Alzzarla

Alzzarla

Yes, but that only changes the flow graph, not the script graph :/

4. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

Do you have both Bolt and Visual Sripting in the same project? I don't think that's supported which could be the source of the issue. You're supposed to remove Bolt after migrating to UnityVS.

Alzzarla likes this.
  5. Alzzarla

Alzzarla

Not knowingly. Is it the Visual Scripting folder in Packages? Is the Script Graph the new name for Flow Graph, then? And should I remove VS or Bolt?

6. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

Visual Scripting is in packages. Script Graph is indeed the new name for Flow Graph. If you're on Unity 2021+ then you remove Bolt because Bolt is not officially supported past 2020LTS (even if it still works). Bolt is also in maintenance mode and won't receive any new features unlike Unity Visual Scripting which is now the default Unity VS tool going forward.

Alzzarla likes this.
  7. Alzzarla

Alzzarla

Thank you so much! It was very confusing, but it's in the right naming now \o/
    (Went into VS under Preferences and found human naming checked there)