Search Unity

Question Bolt -- NullReferenceException

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by TJMStudios, Nov 15, 2021.

1. TJMStudios

TJMStudios

Hi,

I downloaded the free version of Bolt from the Unity asset store and imported it into a new project. I kept everything as default in the Bolt Setup Wizard, but when I click "Generate" it keeps throwing the same error at me. See the image below.

Bolt_Generate_Error.png

I've just started learning Unity and it's been going well, but this error is driving me nuts. If anyone could help it would be very much appreciated!

2. Lemovision

Lemovision

I don't know why this is happening,
    But you could try newer versions of Unity from 2021.1
    Where Visual Scripting is already integrated so you don't need to install the plugin

3. Ninjawarrior2077

Ninjawarrior2077

Same, I do not know how to solve it

4. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

Note: if you're reading this in the future, and just looking to get what is now called Visual Scripting (previously bolt) it's already built-in and installed.

You will find it listed in properties and project settings as Visual Scripting. Note that the component names have also been updated to Script Machine and State Machine. And if you try and install bolt overtop, it will throw errors.

Obviously this does not apply to legacy versions
    p.PNG pp.PNG ppp.png

DighiDon95 and nekowei like this.
  5. DighiDon95

DighiDon95

Thanks man! Any idea on how to delete Bolt now that I've got that error? As I have been through the Assets folder and deleted there the Bolt.zip, I still have a 'Ludiq' folder I can't delete because it's telling me :

Some assets could not bel deleted.
    Make sure nothing is keeping a hook on them, like a loaded DLL for example.

I attached a screenshot of the error.
    Thanks again for making clear how Bolt is no more Bolt but Visual Scripting! :D

Attached Files: