Search Unity

Showcase Bolt: Custom nodes for Input System

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by toomasio, Dec 22, 2020.

1. toomasio

toomasio

Hello,

I created some nodes for the new input system until Unity does it, so this will probably be deprecated soon.

Screenshot 2020-11-19 123530.png

This works as a package, so follow the instructions on this page:
    https://gitlab.com/toomasio/boltnodesinputsystem

You may get some serialization errors if I update this package...so I would not add these nodes to any macros that are very important. separate your input macros from other functions.

Any other issues let me know!

Thanks,

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    rkd974, Blitz54, bguyl and 3 others like this.
  2. Blitz54

Blitz54

Yo thanks man! They seem to bug out a little, not sure if that's Bolt or the Input System itself. Sometimes they don't register inputs while live editing, and if you Ctrl.Z to undo something it breaks, but that's so minor in comparison to how much this actually helped me lol. Hopefully Bolt implements this themselves soon.

toomasio likes this.
  3. FernandoMK

FernandoMK

They already added support for the input system in the integrated visual script on unity 2021.;)

but this will still be useful for those who are in the asset store version:)

toomasio likes this.
  4. toomasio

toomasio

Something that I was currently working on were more refined nodes that are basically the C# functions for each part of the input system. So instead of the nodes I have above, you would use a GetAction node, then a OnActionPerformed node. Could you guys do something similar to this in the future updates? I abandoned my project since 2021 but would still be nice to have this refined functionality so we can get our actions from other places other than a PlayerInput source.