Search Unity

Bolt and TextMesh Pro for Input Fields

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Garnette, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Garnette

Garnette

Hi,
    I see the legacy Text event trigger units in Bolt (ie: On Value Changed) but, I can't seem to find similar for TextMesh Pro? The legacy Text events don't recognize TextMesh Pro. I have added the assemblies and units for TextMesh Pro and TextMesh Pro UGUI to BOLT and still no luck. A lot of TMP units show up but not 'on value changed', in particular. Is there a way to set up TextMesh Pro trigger events in BOLT or am I stuck using the legacy UI elements? Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks.

2. unity_DENTzmyXZAeFPw

unity_DENTzmyXZAeFPw

How did you add the assemblies and units for TextMesh Pro to Bolt? I haven't figured out how to even do that yet.

3. Garnette

Garnette

From the top nav: Tools>Bolt>Unit Options Wizard then you will get a list of Assemblies. Scroll to the bottom, click the '+' and search for Unity.TextMeshPro to add it. Then, click 'next' and you'll be on the Types tab where you click the '+' and search/add Text Mesh Pro UGUI and Text Mesh Pro to get the unit types.

4. RodHill

RodHill

This is not working on Mac- I press the + to add an assembly, it shows (No Assembly), but the drop down menu doesn't work and I can't type in the slot.