Search Unity

Bolt Action Platformer Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kellyrayj, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

Hey friends!

I'm thrilled to post about a project I'm near the end of development on! I've just a few more video documentations to make. But I wanted to take a break and share the Bolt Action Platformer Kit:

I teach Unity and Game Development in the states and I dove in to Bolt this winter break so I could share it with my students. This is the fruit of that effort.

The kit is built using Bolt Visual Scripting. I've created it with the intention of teaching Bolt in my classrooms so I've made it very beginner friendly. It features:
    • Precise 2D Controller for both Player and NPCs
    • Melee System
    • Damage and Health System
    • Moving Platforms and Ladders
    • Scene Transitions
    • Parallax
    • And More!
    Certainly I won't stop there. I've got projectiles, ropes and a ledge climbing system in the next round!

The demo scene shown in the trailer has custom examples for scenarios such as adding player abilities other use case scenarios.

All the macros are block commented for easy reading and customization. It comes with an in-depth documentation about all the variables and functions as well.

My hope is to submit this later today! I'll update this thread once it's released. In the meantime, play the demo and let me know what you think!