Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bob's Cloud Race: A low poly casual racer with a few twists

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Hogfather, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Hogfather

Hogfather

Have you guys met Bob?
    Bob_new_blue 512.png

Name: Bob's Cloud Race
    Platform: Android
    Genre: Casual, Arcade
    Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PiguinSoft.BobsCloudRace

Game details
    Bob the spaceman dreams of racing - but he is really, REALLY, bad at it. His only hope? You and your thumb.

Use the simple swipe mechanic to take control of Bob and help him fulfill his dream as he is faced with an endless amount of races over the clouds of alien worlds. Test your reflexes with tracks that constantly increase in difficulty, against moving obstacles and punishing twists and turns. Unlock all ships, from UFO's to floating Unicorns and more - and if you misjudge and crash don't worry. Bob might suck in racing, but he is damn near indestructible and always willing for one more try!

bobscreenshot_BumperCar2_4x3.png
    bobscreenshot_PigRacer2_4x3.png bobscreenshot_Floater3_4x3.png

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    AskCarol and mystrymaster like this.
  2. Spacelab_Games

Spacelab_Games

Pretty cool game. The controls are a bit sensitive off the start so they take some time to master. Also, i think adding collectibles on the track would be a nice touch...maybe coins or something. That would give the player an incentive to keep playing. Overall i really like the style of the game...good work :]

3. Hogfather

Hogfather

Thanks for the feedback Leo :)

Sensitivity is a compromise, since it needs to be high enough to let the player swerve through the latter obstacles that come way more often and during twists and turns on the road. I'll have another look to see if I can do something about it.

Good suggestion about the collectibles.

Thanks again :)

4. Spacelab_Games

Spacelab_Games

Hey Hogfather, no problem.

I just posted a review for your game on the Play Store. If you add collectibles on the tracks and even a speed boost meter that fills up over time it would make your game more fun...players love collecting things :D