Search Unity

Blurring a Planar Reflection Shader?

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by Epicnez, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Epicnez

Epicnez

Hello!

I'm using this shader from the Unity Wiki for planar reflections: MirrorReflection4 - Unify Community Wiki (unity3d.com)
    It works perfectly, but I want to be able to blur the reflection.
    I don't have any knowledge of shader code, so I'm not sure where to start, but I'm willing to learn to get this working.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. funkyCoty

funkyCoty

Look up something simple, like a gaussian blur. The ppv2 stack has an implementation that "just works," but they use some more advanced shader techniques such as taking advantage of groupmemory in compute shaders, so you may have trouble following a real shader like that if you're new to them. I'd recommend just looking up how gaussian blur works, and try to get it working in isolation on your own.

3. bgolus

bgolus

4. Epicnez

Epicnez

@funkyCoty @bgolus Thanks for the help! I couldn't get the the gaussian blur working with the planar reflection shader that I was using but I realized I didn't want the gaussian blur after all. If I do end up wanting to use blurred planar reflections, the "AdamPlaneReflection" project files that bgolus linked looks good, so I could use that. Thanks again.