Search Unity

Blurred text with World Space UI?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by chrille, Oct 13, 2014.

1. chrille

chrille

Hey guys.

I didn't find anything on this in the FAQ and I've followed the manual on how to set up a world space ui, but I must be missing something very crucial since the text components look blurred when I try to use them inside the canvas? Using the same font with a regular Screen Space - overlay canvas doesn't have the same issue. Is there something I can do to fix this? The project I'm working on is in 2D, if that is of any importance.

I've included a sample project which you can download here, and i've also included screens below:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  2. soulareus

soulareus

Have you tried increasing the "Dynamic Pixels Per Unit" value on the Canvas object? The Canvas object should be a parent of your text object. I believe it defaults to 1, and usually upping it to 10 will fix this problem for me.

3. WikiTiki

WikiTiki

I just had this issue and figured it out. Try scaling down the textbox as much as possible and then increasing the size of the font.

Deleted User likes this.
  4. JohnTube

JohnTube

Thanks @soulareus. I had to set "Dynamic Pixels Per Unit" to same value as "Reference Pixels Per Unit" (100 in my case which is the default I think).