Search Unity

Blur in Unity Personal

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by p4vlos, Mar 7, 2016.

1. p4vlos

p4vlos

Hello,
    I am trying for some days to make blur effect on my virtual reality project.
    The problem is that I am NOT using Unity pro and I tried putting a image canvas in front of the cameras but I got weird results with bit of blurry but upside down view.. or black screen.
    This project is for Google Cardboard.
    If you have a solution to this problem please let me know.
    Thank you

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Theres the blur image effect in Standard Assets try that.

p4vlos likes this.
  3. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

There is no difference between personal and pro as far as engine features go.

--Eric

DanielQuick and Deleted User like this.
  4. Freezy

Freezy

disable 'direct render' on the carboard camera script, this allows for image effect
    you will need to apply it to both eyes (as well as the main camera if you allow for a VR toggle)

with all the render textures going on, you will have horrible FPS, until Google and Unity integrate the SDK like they did for the oculus.

it's best not to use any image effects for now, you can try scaling up the eye resolution instead, this will be down-sampled and cause the lines to be a lot less aliased.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. p4vlos

p4vlos

I cannot find 'direct render' on cardboard camera script. Can you show me where it is or something?

6. Freezy

Freezy

update the SDK to v0.6, drop in the Cardboard camera setup prefab, on the main camera, there is a StereoController with the "direct render" option. Be warned this can be horrible for FPS.

Hopefully Unity will add natvie Cardboard support soon.