Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bluk - Physics Adventure | How to achieve this design?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by daniazram, May 19, 2017.

1. daniazram

daniazram

Hi! I just saw this game and instantly fell in love with the overall look and feel of this game, notice that how everything is foggy and blurred with very nice color gradient.

I tried to get this effect but never get it right, any thoughts from the community on how to achieve this effect?

2. StormHerald

StormHerald

Depends on how you'd want to achieve it.
    The best straightforward way is to just create different sprites for each "column". then create a background with a gradient. There could be sprites for foreground columns, those in the back, and for those which are afar.

If you'd want it to be in 3D space however, you could use a fog system and calculate the distance from the "player" and make each model change how it's rendered to that of those from afar from your example pictures.

Of course if you're asking for actual scripts and technicalities that won't be possible through this forum.

3. lunaticCoder

lunaticCoder

I think this would be more easily doable while in 3D, using fog systems like @StormHerald mentioned.
    I'll try making this effect and if I'm successful I'll inform ya.

4. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

Just a whole lot of tweaking fog, ortho view, flat shading, some particles, colorful lighting, and a really good skybox.