Search Unity

Audio Bluetooth transmitter workaround

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Emily185, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Emily185

Emily185

Hi, I’ve just bought a pure evoke cf 6, all in one system. I planned to use this with the speakers attached for the room I’m in and a Bluetooth transmitter to stream to other Bluetooth headphones and cheaper speakers around the house. However, the only ports I have are aux in, Ethernet and headphones out. The transmitter currently only works when plugged into the headphone out socket, but this immediately cuts out the attached speakers - which I would expect - so I can then only stream music to headphones or speakers in other rooms and not the one I’m in. The only solution I’ve found would be to buy additional speakers for my current room as well, which seems a bit pointless when the attached speakers have great sound quality and the whole system is brand new.

So, is there any workaround to this? Ie a headphone port adapter which doesn’t cut the speakers off?
    A converter to use the aux in or Ethernet ports so I can attach the transmitter to one of those?

Or as it is connected to my WiFi, are there other speakers I can just add to my WiFi and not need a direct connection to the stereo?

2. CarlosKen

CarlosKen

I finally received my headphones (ended up going with AH-GC30) and had a chance to try out the transmitter. Good news is, it works, I'm happy with the sound quality and the range is enough for my needs. Bad news is that if I leave the bluetooth transmitter over night it does not connect to my headphones the next day. I do have to either press a button on the transmitter, or turn it off and on again. I solved that by having one of the 12 V-triggers on my AVR turn the transmitter on/off, so it's all good now.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  3. PollyS8

PollyS8

I think there are many transmitters. I've purchased The TaoTronics TT-BA09 as it seemed to have the most reasonable price. I'm not that smart when it comes to techs and especially devices and just don't understand how they work and which features they should have. So, when I'm making choice, I ask for help. This time I decided to do it all on my own, it was pretty complicated, however I've discovered a great article-guide. Best bluetooth transmitter are also described there, so it seems to be even easier to choose. I advise you to check it!

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  4. Ambrain

Ambrain

The McIntosh 4300V has the capability to send signals to three sets of wired speakers. I do feed analog sound to speakers in the immediate areas downstairs using two of the outputs, but would like to extend that capability upstairs and outside using wireless speakers in a stereo set-up (L&R), which I would have to buy. I do not intend to use them to stream music from the internet or a computer - just from the MAC. My source is XM Radio, fed through the AUX input jack(s). I changed my transmitter after analyzing the best bluetooth transmitters and I am presently using an old Acoustic Research (A/R) AW871 set up that sends signals from the MAC using 900 mhz, but with lots of static and very limited distance for that third pair and would like to buy a better transmitter and employ Bluetooth technology.